• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo01

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am in somewhat of a dilemma i was at a local is wildlife falconry centre. where they had a small petting zoo. unfortunately they had 2 piggies and 2 buns sharing an pen/hutch type thing. they apeared to have only 1 bowl and 1 bottle between the 4 of them and after offering the piggies some salad (it said Do Not Feed the Animals) i can only assume they arent getting enough vitamin C. i spoke to the own of the pigs who said they were fully grown (no chance) and that they didnt need special food

So What do I do

Claire W

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
May be you could write a letter of complaint or phone your local RSPCA although sadly nothing will be done unless it appears the animals are being neglected and even then, nothing may not get done :(

Reaction score
I,d report them to the rspca. clearly there needs are not being met and thos buns could do some serious damage!

Suzygpr

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Rabbit welfare leaflet
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/animal_welfare_bill_lft.pdf

Similar for GPs.
http://www.guineapigwelfare.org.uk/guinea-pig-care/

Your local council issues the licences required and if they do not meet the welfare standards of the council then action can be taken. Sending the eye witness account of your visit there, including pics if you have any, as well as the welfare needs as outlined in the links above to the animal welfare officer for the council should get some results.

HTH

Suzy

Status
Not open for further replies.