• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What do you do for a living? Or would like to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

At the moment I'm a lady of leisure ::)

By profession I'm a Registered Nurse, been out of nursing for a few years, but am thinking of returning (to fund rescue mostly :o)
Just curious to know what other people do or have done in the past. Maybe even what they would like to do in the future too :)

Barbara

I currently work in a Project Management Office (IT related projects) in a fairly large company (which I guess should remain nameless on here!). I am mainly involved in support but the logical career progression for me is to be a full Project Manager.

My dream job would be to have my own rescue for rabbits and guinea pigs. At the moment I don't have the space, time or money so it can't happen but if I won the lottery.... :)

I started out as a nurse too, but injured my back so can't do that. Since then I've dabbled in being a secretary, HR administrator, Estate Agent and most recently worked in a hostel for homeless people. I've not been able to hold down a job for long due to health problems so have more or less given up on that idea for now. Luckily I have a OH to support me.

I'd love to run my own business doing something creative. I love to sew and have an idea at the back of my mind to make bags from recycled materials to sell.

If I won the lottery my OH and I would buy a smallholding and work towards self sufficiency, with, of course a bunny and piggy rescue. We can dream can't we :)

Kathryn x

Thankfully I have a supportive and generous hubby too, but I do miss my Independence. I have minor back probs which I too blame on nursing :(
But thankfully they aren't as serious as yours.

I never thought I would miss nursing, but I'm starting to, though my friends all say....."Don't come back, you'll regret it." They all want to get out :(

If the truth be known, I would have liked to have been a model.... 2funny

Barbara

I am a Receptionist at my local vets! And I love it. I have dyslexia and would never thought I could be a receptionist!

Mary said:
I am a Receptionist at my local vets! And I love it. I have dyslexia and would never thought I could be a receptionist!

That's a great job and it's lovely that people ringing your surgery will have such a guinea loving person to deal with. We have a nice receptionist at our vet who loves guineas, she was the one who rang and asked if we could take our Alfie :)

Barbara

I've recently started work as a campaigner for an organisation campaiging against the fur trade. Its one of the jobs I have always wanted to do, so I feel very lucky!

maxthepig said:
I've recently started work as a campaigner for an organisation campaiging against the fur trade. Its one of the jobs I have always wanted to do, so I feel very lucky!

That has got to be one of the most worthwhile jobs EVER :)
Good for you!

Barbara

cavykind said:
Mary said:

That's a great job and it's lovely that people ringing your surgery will have such a guinea loving person to deal with. We have a nice receptionist at our vet who loves guineas, she was the one who rang and asked if we could take our Alfie :)

Barbara

When I'm at work a guinea pig will always get an appointment the same day!

That's a job I would LOVE Mary being a receptionist in a vets, as that sounds fab! :)

cavykind said:
maxthepig said:

That has got to be one of the most worthwhile jobs EVER :)
Good for you!

Barbara

I think I vote for yours please! ;D

I am working as a Care Assistant for the Local Council in a residential home.

Was working in a nursing home before, and I would have loved to stay, but the 12 hour shifts were just a bit too much, therefore I went to residential, with easygoing 6 to 8 hour shifts :)

Would love to go into nursing, maybe midwifery, but havent got the money for it :(
You only get 500 per month while you are on the course, and that doesnt pay my rent.

This is such a coincidence. I was thinking of starting a thread about this very subject ;D

I would love to be a vets receptionist. You're very lucky Mary. The wages they pay in London are so bad though :(

My ideal job would be an animal behaviour therapist.

At the moment I'm stuck in the deadest dead end job making sure the school buildings don't fall down. I've been here nearly 4 years and I still don't know what we do and how we do it ;D

I wanted to be a doctor. I am bright enough and could have done it, but I left it too late.

Now I am a medical secretary in the anaesthetic department. Great.

I work as office assistant for my local church

That only goes until the end of december and then they can no longer afford me :-\

I would love to be a minister and I am putting my application in for university to study a bachelor of arts in theology for next year, so hopefully I will be able to study for my dream job. ;D

At the moment i'm a stay at home mum, but before the kids I was a cardiographer, then after the kids I was a Dr's receptionist then gave that up just before my 2nd child was born

Lucinda said:
I wanted to be a doctor. I am bright enough and could have done it, but I left it too late.

It's never too late Lucinda,,, Go for it! :-*

I've always done mainly office work / admin officer / office manager for the police. At the moment I am not working due to health problems (fibromyalgia and possible arthritis). I worked as manager of a pet shop for a while, which was really enjoyable, but then the shop was closed down (too much competition from the likes of PAH).

I did a degree (BSc Hons in Environmental Management) in 1990-93. Really enjoyed it but it's been pretty useless in getting me a better job.

I hope that when my health improves I will be able to retrain in either teaching or nursing or some other 'caring' work. I just hope my health does improve ....

I work in a before and after school club with children aged 4 - 11 years old. Its 1 hour in the morning then 3 hours at 3 - 6. I am hoping to go to university next September to do Primary Teaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back