• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 What have you managed to get during this Lockdown that you’ve been most excited about?

Still no flour and plain rice to be seen by the time we go shopping (once a week during lunch hour when the queues are shortest). And no peppers in Sainsbury's for the third week running...
If you want anything, feel free to let me know, I can look out for it when I go on friday and drop it round to yours on the way back đź‘Ť

If you want anything, feel free to let me know, I can look out for it when I go on friday and drop it round to yours on the way back đź‘Ť

3 packs of peppers if you can get any; I managed to buy some from the Spar by the pet shop when we did our fortnightly hay pick up this afternoon. So far, I have replaced it with daily fresh grass from the lawn but with the rain that is not quite easy.

If I know you are coming, I can bake you some quick chocolate muffins in return if you wish to.
We are not yet completely out of flour as I'd already bought some for the cancelled TEAS and Kidsgrove events where I was supposed to run a cake stall.
Just looking for some flour (plain, self-raising or white bread) if you happen across some as hub can't live without pastry and sponge cakes... And he likes to make his own bread to vary with the shop one from time to time...

Still no flour and plain rice to be seen by the time we go shopping (once a week during lunch hour when the queues are shortest). And no peppers in Sainsbury's for the third week running...
Check for rice in Lidl, if there’s one near you.

Check for rice in Lidl, if there’s one near you.

Thanks, we've still got enough rice and there has been pasta in Sainsbury's! I have been making lots of veg soups, roasted veg dinners or potato dishes once they have come back, and been careful with the carbs.
There was actually a forlorn pack of jasmine rice in the shelf yesterday, so hub can go on to cook more of his favourite Thai curries!

Most things do turn up once over 2-3 weeks, so I can manage. I just do a once weekly big shop and improvise around what is available. The less exposure we have to Covidiots who can't grasp the concept of giving other people space, the better.

We have a lovely neighbour (whose hub is shielding) who we run a weekly check with as to what items the other party couldn't get so we are looking out for each other.

Today I got hair dye delivered from Amazon!
Its my only vanity item, I never use any makeup or much in the way of beauty products, but I do sometimes dye my hair just 1 shade brighter (a bit more golden) than my natural hair colour to brighten myself up and hide the grey bits :) asda ran out of my shade a couple of weeks before lockdown and I wouldnt expect piggy daddy to understand what "shade 8G" means and find it while he's lockdown shopping for all the extended family... but Amazon had it in stock, so I can be a honey coloured floof rather than ageing and mousy at the roots if I'm feeling like it :)
I got a new toothbrush too, all this feels like such decadent luxury in the current circumstances!
Just reading this 8g is my colour too! You can never find it, it’s always the first to go, must be a popular shade 🤔

After failing to get any sort of online supermarket shopping slot and the Asda we visit physically reducing its range considerably... I found cashew nuts and peanut satay sauce sachets available to buy in bulk on Amazon!
We love our weekly nutty stirfry meals (and the piggies love helping to eat the beansprouts on stirfry night, and my Mum's hamster loves a few spare cashew nuts).
So I splashed out ÂŁ40 for 12 sachets of posh satay sauce and 7 x 200g bags of cashew nuts, which is very decadent but that will be 12 of our favourite stirfry meals plus many extra cashew nuts!
Plus both cashews and stirfry sauces were delivered in Tallulah-sized cardboard treat boxes, all in a bigger box the main herd can have as a play house, so that's quite a bargain really :)

I got an Asda slot. I was so excited. Had to wait two weeks. Order is coming tonight. Just in time as piggies only had celery left.

Also managed to get some anti virus hand wipes :)
Yesterday we had a delivery from ASDA. Hubby ordered 3 cucumbers for the piggies but it seemed they didn't have any and replaced it with 3 whole iceberg lettuce! I don't know how you can replace a cucumber with an iceberg lettuce. :doh: Hubby also ordered 2 bell peppers and they gave us chilli peppers! :hb: So we just gave the iceberg lettuce and the chilli peppers to our neighbours coz we don't have any use for them. :td:

We like ordering online from Tesco's because we can put a note for what we want as replacements in case they didn't have what we want. đź‘Ť

We have a small M&S food Hall near us they seem to have all the salad stuff and fruit we need. 2 bags of mixed salad today at 30p a bag, lots of reduced fruit and veg for the humans too. I'm happy the piggies will be happy when they get a change from grass and foraged weeds tonight, worth braving the rain for!

We have done all our shopping at M&S, no queues at all, fully stocked shelves and a warm welcome from the staff, it’s far better than queuing for Tesco and Morrison’s. You pay a little more but its worth it for now

Yesterday we had a delivery from ASDA. Hubby ordered 3 cucumbers for the piggies but it seemed they didn't have any and replaced it with 3 whole iceberg lettuce! I don't know how you can replace a cucumber with an iceberg lettuce. :doh: Hubby also ordered 2 bell peppers and they gave us chilli peppers! :hb: So we just gave the iceberg lettuce and the chilli peppers to our neighbours coz we don't have any use for them. :td:

We like ordering online from Tesco's because we can put a note for what we want as replacements in case they didn't have what we want. đź‘Ť
Oh no! Luckily all my piggies food came through including 3 bags of green beans I accidentally ordered instead of 2. Piggies won’t mind the extra :xd:

we also somehow got hotdogs we didn’t order, nor did they replace anything. None of us eat them but I’ll give them a try. :tu:

We have done all our shopping at M&S, no queues at all, fully stocked shelves and a warm welcome from the staff, it’s far better than queuing for Tesco and Morrison’s. You pay a little more but its worth it for now

They are a little bit more expensive on somethings but I find they have so many reductions on end date things that I actually save money. The reduced end of date veg still lasts 3 or 4 days and is fresher than anything we can buy in the local fruit and veg shop.

a friend has ordered that size via Amazon and tells me you can freeze it....
My freezers are already full :xd: Anyway, as I don't bake much, I'm fine to shop around when my current 1kg bag gets low. Leave the big bags to those who need/can make use of them. I imagine they came from wholesalers who normally supply to the catering trade.

Try Lidl for normal bags of flour. I bought 2 bags of SR and 2 bags of Plain last weekend and there were loads of bags.

Back