• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

What Hay Racks Do You Use For Your Rabbits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferanneharris

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am going to adopt my sister in law's rabbit (they couldnt really cope so i offered to take him) and am getting a few bits in before he comes to stay with me. Its so anoying i litrally thre out my 5 hay racks i have had for years just last week that i have been holding onto for years.

So got me wondering what is the best type of hay rack for bunnies? Thank you

P

piggyfan

Oh congratulations! Faisel free ranges and I put a pile of hay on a big piece of vet bed for him. He often sleeps on the hay as well as eats it!

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Before my bunny passed away I would put hay in a pile too! She loved playing in it and laying in it too! So if a pile is possible for you, I would defintely reccomend it!

Bunnies are exciting pets! Don't forget the pictures! :D

jenniferanneharris

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Cool. He will have hay etc for bedding plus a pile of hay. Just wondered the best way to keep hay clean. I used to have a hay cube hayrack for my old bunnies plus a metal hay rack. But just wondered if a articular hay rack was better. Thanks all :) am excited to bring him home...but need to coat the hutch etc and let it dry before i bring him home :) x

juls65

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wooden ones may get chewed so may be best to have a metal one. The one I have is a D shape with smooth edges. My bunny has empty loo roll & kitchen roll tubes stuffed with different types of hay. Helps to stop it spoiling & he enjoys going around to the different ones. He also has a hay tray to lounge & munch in. He digs out his hay rack as the bars are quite wide, stomps all over it & then won't eat it. Its good to give a variety of hays to keep them interested as it forms the bulk of their diet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.