• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What is so good about a great big BANG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky92

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hate it! I have sensitive ears so always have but why an earth do people like an enormous loud bang ?

I LOVE pretty fireworks, and the crackling & the whistling noise...but seriously who invented the stupidly loud bang?

It makes everyone jump, it scares the life out of animals & makes kids cry!

God help people who've been to war it must be awful

I think they should ban them !

My dog just wanted to be let in the garden 4 a pee so i let her and the poor sod went right to bottom to my shed thinking i was going in there and wudnt come back until one of these stupid bangs went off and she came bolting back in - if she could talk I'm sure she *** of screamed 'MUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY' she ran in :))

I'm now currently 'wearing' the dog lol, not partically comfy with a very big baby belly i can tell you

Have to agree with you, I know people might call me boring but I do think its about time we stopped celebrating an act of treason thats 400 yrs old.

I agree, it's ridiculous. My piggies are inside but there was a really loud one a while ago and Maddie, Jess and Izzie all jumped and then froze.

I agree, it's ridiculous. My piggies are inside but there was a really loud one a while ago and Maddie, Jess and Izzie all jumped and then froze.

I actually hate fireworks, i hate them so much. Ive had to gaffa tape my letterbox up becuase i live in a scummy area and people put them through your letter boxes. i have KIDS! i cant leave my house as I'm going through an awkward stage but i dont need to be scared in my own home! People were letting them off down my street last night it is terrifying i dont see the point in them really, they compelty scare my son until he shakes and cant breathe properly, hes 1! 1 for christs sake! I hate what this world is becoming..

one of our dogs hasn't stopped barking since 6 o clock and we cant stop her arrggghhh i hate them stupid fireworks!

Ooh I love fireworks just hate the irresiponsible idiots who let them off.
I have a council display across from my house but the main problem is the kids/youths who try and compete with the council display (and the terrible parking issues).
I do think some types of fireworks should be restricted for display use and in the wrong hands they are lethal and people do use them irresponsibly.

I just hate all fireworks. The amount of times I've been running round the field with horses with their eyes rolling in fear has made them loose all the attraction. The whistly ones, the colourful ones, the bangers...hate them all! In Spain they don't need an excuse like Bonfire night to set off fireworks, and lo and behold...my neighbours are mad fans of them rolleyes mallethead
Luckily tonight isn't too bad here, but they have a huge fireworks display tomorrow on Gloucester docks :{. Not looking forward to it :(.

I love fireworks BUT I think they should not on public/general sale and should only be done at a public display. I hate the fact that they've been going off for nearly two weeks now.

i only like the spiral fireworks but i dont like the really noisy ones, and i always stay inside as i hate the bang! My piggys havnt noticed them...yet. i have been sitting with them while the nabours were letting some fireworks off but it wasnt too loud and the piggys just ignored them. but i live next to a football club and every year they have a firework festival!rolleyesmallethead

God they have not stopped here tonight, so annoying!
I hope they are not going off all night long as some years they have been going off really late.
I'm at work tomorrow too and dont want to be disturbed when I go to bed shortly.
As for my animals they have not been too bad tonight, kept the tv on and been fussing them to keep them occupied x

Hah, I've been fuming all night I thought it was just me. Some idiots were letting them off right in our street. I wouldn't mind so much but we only live 2 minutes away from a huge park with a proper display on. Stupid kids.

Fireworks in general irritate me. I wouldn't mind it it was just one night but the truth is they start at the beginning of October and go on till right after the New Year! They are responsible for my poor dog being scared of the dark and he won't go for walks or even go for a pee in the back garden. He's so bang-phobic now he gets scared if someone shuts their bin lid or car door too loudly. They are a pain in the backside, and IMO once you've seen one you've seen them all rolleyes

I agree :)) I don't even appreciate the colours any more, they are just irritating. Some of my dogs get absolutely terrified of fireworks and it's very upsetting seeing them so distressed :(. They are completely unnecessary.

Thankfully, it's not been too bad here tonight. The cats have both slept through most of it.

Our new neighbours and the people over the back were setting their fireworks off at about half 5 though and they seemed to have about 50 each grrrr Pippa and Pixel were both frightened (nothing that a good reassuring cuddle didn't sort ;) )but Willow was more interested in her veggies and Boris made the most of playing inside and running laps at 100mph.

I went to the take-away nearby for tea though and there were LOADS of fireworks being let off in the chavvy pub next-door. Really glad we don't live over that way :...

I agree that they should only be on organised public display, too many fall into the wrong hands.

How many kids get injured? I bet A+E is full of burns tonight. And how many animals get injured accidentally or worse, on purpose? They are just ridiculous, they are used to terrorise the general public because idiot places like big supermarkets sell them dirt cheap. I remember last year they were going off at 12AM and I had to be up for work at 5AM and the police reckoned 'there was nothing they could do' UURGH! Makes me sooo mad! :x:)>>>

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates them @) it wasn't too bad where i live last night (it was raining really hard all night). Tonight is going to be worse, glad I'm going to be at home with the piggies :( ive always been petrified of fireworks ever since i had one whizz past my ear when i was little :(

I love fireworks BUT I think they should not on public/general sale and should only be done at a public display. I hate the fact that they've been going off for nearly two weeks now.

I too agree that they should only have them at organised displays, it costs you less to go to a display anyhow. I also feel sorry for the wildlife, they must be terriffied too. Bonfire night tends to drag on these days too, people aren't just satisfied with the one weekend it seems to go on for weeks.

I hate fireworks too, my dog Rose(now RIP) used to shake for hours during fireworks, she was a rescue dog so she didn't have a great past and this made her terrified of any loud noises. Even popping bubblegum made her scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back