• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What is this world coming to !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My son is in his first year at uni in Derby.Last night he had been for a night out with his girlfriend some firends.As they were on their way home,some random man punched one of James' friends Matt,knocking him to the floor.There was no words said,it just came out of the blue.Mat is now in Nottingham hospital with a fractured skull and a blood clot.He may have to have surgery if the swelling doesn't go down but they have warned him that as the fractures are close to an artery the procedure could be life threatening.
My son James is absoloutly devestated and has spent today at the police station giving statements as he was a witness.He said he is scared to go out now,as it could so easlily have been him.
What is this world coming to.:(

It's awful isn't it :( the same thing happened to a young man here, luckily he has come through it all now but it ruined his life. I hope you son's friend makes a full recovery, sending lots of positive vibes for him x I hope you son's ok too. Its always the innocent that get hurt :(

OMG that is horrific, I do hope that he will be ok, please keep us posted xx

That is awful, hopefully they will catch the idiot that done this.
Thinking of you all x

That's why I never go anywhere at night any more, especially when the Pubs are in full swing. Certain deranged people have put me off.

That's why I never go anywhere at night any more, especially when the Pubs are in full swing. Certain deranged people have put me off.

That's what my son said to me tonight on the phone.He doesn't want to go out any more,it's scared him so much.

Oh my god! That's so horrible :( Positive vibes to the person in hospital and to your son, who must be thoroughly traumatised!
I'm in my second year of uni and I learnt from the first year: never EVER walk home, keep your eyes on the ground if you're outside even in a group and keep an eye out for lunatics. Derby isn't even that rough which is quite scary! Gosh and I thought Bolton was bad...
I know your son must hate the thought of going out again (and rightly so!) but tell him not to let this terrible accident ruin things for him.

how awful.
Best wishes to your soon and is friend. His family must be devastated too...
Please encourage your son to see his GP re: PTS syndrome. If he's already this shocked, staying in mulling it all in his head will drive him up the wall....

I am so sorry that this happened to your son and his friend!

Sending my best wishes!

Thats disgusting! Their truely are some evil people around here! I hope all goes well with your sons friend

Omg thats awful. I hate going out at all anymore as anything can happen these days. I really hope he gets better. How horrible for your son to have seen that.

oh my god that is awful :(
I really dont like going out much in Derby anymore. My hubby once got punched on a night out too for no reason and we both spent most of the evening at the police station giving evidence etc but god you dont go out to be doing that do you.

I really hope he will be okay. Sending you hugs x

that is awful, what is it with people? why cant people just be nice?

so sorry for your boy and his mate, i dont blame him for not wanting to go out anymore. My brother hasnt been out for about 12 years and never will again as he gets abuse just because he looks a bit different, its ridiculous it really is.

Where does it all end.............................

How awful! I hope your sons friend is ok. I hate people like that. I live in Nottingham (as I'm guessingt thats where its happened as you said he was in Nottingham hospital) and its scum like that that give this city such a bad name, but to tell you the truth its ending up like that all over the country, and its awful! The law is too soft and thats why people do such things, the law in this country needs to toughen up as its going to the dogs! My brother in law a couple of years ago was standing outside his brothers house and they both had theyre bikes, this drugged up guy told him to give him his bike when he said no he punched him to the ground and began kickin him in the head, luckily nothin serious happened, but he got away with it as they dropped the charges as he began to threaten him and his family (he has 2 small children). The law needs to change maybe them paople will think twice before doing something

Thanks for everyone's concern.Matt,the young lad involved is still in Nottingham hospital under observation,and things are looking more optomistic now thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back