What it takes for people to go soft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
My dad has always been a big man, and to look at him, he's as hard as nails and he sure is!

But he's also got this really big softy approach about him when it comes to me and my animals. Only recently has he taken it in that piggies are my life and I will do anything for them.

At my parents, they have my 8 girls, a border collie, 2 cats and a pond of fish. These, all by the fish, are pets that I have brought to them throughout my life and recently. Not to mention the amount of piggies and other animals I've had since I was younger - just too many to mention.

My dad, has never liked holding the piggies - It's just his thing - until recently. I have been talking about the forum and also people on it and he says we are all mad as each other! When I've been at theirs, I've had texts from you lot regarding your piggies (I love reading them, keep them coming!), and often I tell my dad 'it's so and so, telling me about their piggy or asking about mine'. And quite often he sniggers. But lately shown a real interest!

My mum has always known what I'd do for my piggies and now tells my dad off if he take the P! She said she would love to be a part of the forum, but at the moment, she only knows the basics of the pc! Largely playing games! So until then, I tell her all about it. She loves hearing all about you and goes all soft when I show her the pictures!

My dad will be taking Icey to the vets, and cos he never holds them, let alone pick them up - he is! He's gone all sweet! Although he kept saying 'she wont bite me, will she?' LOL

I know this is long and pretty pointless. But to me, I'm loving the fact that after all these years, my dad especially is taking more of an interest in my piggies! :)

xx Kelly xx

michellemuffin

Reaction score
ahhhh thats sweet, my dad is also animal mad and would spend a fortune on any sick animal and usually handles them fine, but mum is scared of anything small and furry, but she changed when she minded my babies with my son last october, luckly she only lives up the road on the other side but every day she came up and checked them out and cleaned them for me and even done gingers impacted bum, amazing, they put on this hard exterior but are soft as putty inside, tell your dad he's cool and women love a soppy man,
and I am hoping all goes well with Icey

D

DebbieR

Ahh your dad sounds lovely. It takes a lot for someone to do that. He must love you and the piggies very much.

Steve wasn't an animal person till he met me. My grumpy old cat, Cepher, fell in love with him and he was hooked. Then we got our babies (Willow and Gemma cat) and I know that he would lay down his life for them. He has never liked anything small and furry or with feathers. He won't touch birds and will only hold G&M when they're in a towel. But he chats away to G&M and feeds them treats and he worries about the birds and mice the cats bring in (although its me that has to save them). He's a big old softie too ;D

G

gothchick1515

Kelly my dad is EXACTLY THE SAME! how spooky he says he doesnt like the boys and wonders why they are in my room and why i call myself mummy but sometimes i hear him talking to them when hes getting something from the airing cupboard i dont let on i know the piggies follow him when they are allowed the garden and Bobbin is besotted with him but he never lets us see his cuddly side. he always says the 'He wont bite me will he' line as well I'm like no not unless you go and annoy him hehe men! x

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My father adores my guineas (having always not been an animal person). He especially loves Scarby and was here with me when Scarby was ill. He was terribly upset at the thought of his best friend being so ill! And Scarby loves him best of all - they are quite inseparable when they're together!
;D

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Yeah my dad is such a soppy fella! He gave Icey a few strokes when she got back. I love him! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.