• Dying, terminal illness and euthanasia: New sensitive support guide for guinea pig owners Please Click Here

What made you happy today?

Siikibam

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thought I would start a nice thread. What made you happy today? I’ll go first!

My husband just rang me asking if I want some Karin Slaughter books that are going for 50p in their staff shop. I’m so happy that he remembers she is one of my favourite authors. I do love him 😁😍
C10A564D-1F2C-43CD-A033-EF947F30B29C.png

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Knowing I managed a long productive day at work today though I was dreading going in... and as a reward tomorrow is "working from home" piggy wednesday with cage cleans! And my Ocado shopping gets delivered 9am tomorrow, vegan pizza and wine for me, lamb's lettuce and chard beetroot salad for the piggies- we're going to have ourselves a party :)

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My lovely OH took me shopping in the car, he was worried the hill up to the house had been in shaddow all day and was still covered in ice this afternoon. I didn't have to drag a loaded bag on wheels up the hill.
Rusty seems off colour and I've managed to get an appointment with my favourite vet tomorrow. This is very unusual she is usually booked up for weeks.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Me and my OH had a lovely walk on the beach this morning, glorious sunshine and lots of surfers and big waves. The gannets were diving into to the sea like lightening, catch the pilchards out at sea, a wonderful sight. So luckily to be doing this on a Tuesday morning X

Guineapigfeet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am ashamed to say this but nothing made me happy today it was a really tough day🙁
You shouldn’t be ashamed. Tough days happen and it’s ok to just survive them. Nothing made me happy today either. It’s been a *it seems a said a word the forum doesn’t like - sorry!* terrible, year so far. Happy piggies register but barely scratch the surface.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting good feedback in my new job. I've only been in it since last Monday but have put in a lot of work to one area and the project manager wants a brief meeting at the end of the work to go through it fully and make sure it gets implemented because it looks like I've got some great ideas. Determined I will make my mark before my maternity leave starts

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I emptied all our Landry baskets and washed the contents, batch cooked meals for the freezer, cleaned out all the piggies (including all the foster piggies) and did their fleece washing, too. You could either call it a day of domestic drudgery or one of great achievement, which is how I see it.
I popped out to buy some more sunflower hearts for the birds and my garden was alive this afternoon with birds. Simple pleasures.

Sweet Potato

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am ashamed to say this but nothing made me happy today it was a really tough day🙁
Sorry to hear that it's hard when you get yourself so lost in the struggles that you miss the little things that make it worth it. Tomorrow is another day if it's not to stressful look for something small that you could add to this thread tomorrow and we'll all be looking forward to reading it.

My happy thing today is that my new glasses were ready early and everything looks so clear and beautiful with them on although I can't get used to how I look in the mirror.

Eriathwen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ebony has started gaining weight after being hit with a mysterious illness, She went down to 870g, and had hovered there since Friday, but today she has crept up to 910g, on her way back to her normal 950-1000g.

I had to go to the doctors about an issue with my toenail, I had convinced myself it was a tumour or something nasty (yay anxiety!) but no, I have an infection, thats all 😂 so I'm happy now I'm not dying, lol.

GPTV

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Well I've had a couple of pants weeks on the trot, everything that could go wrong, break, fall, slip, slide, burn, scratch did, earache for 3days, fell out with a colleague... Well he had a hissy headfit at me based on an assumption that he had wrongly made of me & I 'bit' back, (this doesn't normally happen & I surprised everyone including myself! Lol!)
Anyway the last few weeks have been severely 'mehh'.
Then found out I had won vouchers from work, in a draw I was entered into by my boss because I worked Christmas day yeay!
Today was my day off. Yeay!
Bumped into the window cleaner, he managed to fit me in today - so my windows are now sparkling. Yeay!
Did 3 loads of washing & changed the bed so crisp clean sheets to jump into shortly. Yeay!
Cleaned out the girls. Yeay!
Had 2 mistle thrushes in my garden on the apple tree. Yeay!
My resident Robin came & gave me a beautiful song. Yeay!
Oh & last Sunday I seen a beautiful & tiny Goldcrest (bird) outside work. Yeay!
So today has been a gooood day :D
X

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Me and my OH had a lovely walk on the beach this morning, glorious sunshine and lots of surfers and big waves. The gannets were diving into to the sea like lightening, catch the pilchards out at sea, a wonderful sight. So luckily to be doing this on a Tuesday morning X
Surfers :yikes::yikes: ! It must be freezing this time of year!

CocoAndOreo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today there were quite a few things that made me happy. :D
1. THE PIGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
2. The salad I ordered for the piggies came today!
3. The Piggies and their cute little faces.....
4. Cuddling Coco and Oreo..
5. Lastly,
THE PIGGIES!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D