What made you happy today?

Posyrose

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Just wrong! 🤮 I love peanut butter but not marmite.

I made it through my first week and I’ve loved it! I had a glowing review from two people - one in the school and another in the trust! 😱 And that i fitted in well. So that’s made my week. Shoutout to my amazing TA!

😍😍😍🥰
That's wonderful feedback. It's the boost to your confidence that you need when you're new.

Posyrose

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I found it eventually, hidden in plain sight (well, almost. Dark blue phone case, black bookcase, you can understand my issue right?).
I've just bought a phone case almost entirely chosen because it was easy to find in a bright colour.I'm forever losing my phone!

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I've just bought a phone case almost entirely chosen because it was easy to find in a bright colour.I'm forever losing my phone!

I might see if I can get a brighter one really, it's very easy to lose on the black IKEA furniture that happens to be the only furniture in my flat :)) and maybe a new glasses case too, because...black case.

Maybe I should've bought lighter coloured furniture?

RedLoredAmazon

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I might see if I can get a brighter one really, it's very easy to lose on the black IKEA furniture that happens to be the only furniture in my flat :)) and maybe a new glasses case too, because...black case.

Maybe I should've bought lighter coloured furniture?
Don't feel bad, I lose stuff inside my purse all the time! I know it's in there, but I just can't find whatever I'm looking for. I think the item temporarily morphs into something else is why I have trouble finding it!

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I lose stuff inside my purse all the time! I know it's in there, but I just can't find whatever I'm looking for. I think the item temporarily morphs into something else is why I have trouble finding it!

I sometimes refer to it as my brain refusing to render what's in front of me. It's like scissors. The scissors you put in a conspicuous place and are right in front of you but you can't find them - because your brain isn't rendering them in your mind.

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I sometimes refer to it as my brain refusing to render what's in front of me. It's like scissors. The scissors you put in a conspicuous place and are right in front of you but you can't find them - because your brain isn't rendering them in your mind.

When I've finished knitting and am sewing all the bits together, I keep losing scissors, sewing needles, knitting needles, balls of wool ... Glad I'm not the only one @Lorcan !

Pigwhisperer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What? You've never had Marmite and Peanut Butter sarnies? :yikes:
This is my breakfast every day now.

It has been toast for a while, then I discovered real 100% peanut butter which us a great protein for me as a veggie, then somehow I discovered that throwing in some marmite makes it breakfast heaven.

Seedy bread - like Warburtons Seeded Batch. Toast 2 slices. Spread 1 with Marmite and the other with Meridian Crunchy peanut butter. Sandwich together.

Perfect start to the day!

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
and now I want more marmite flatbreads. Don't do this to me guys :)) and @Posyrose I took your advice and bought a red one. And I ignored my own advice and bought a dark coloured glasses case because, well, it had a cat on it. And then I screwed up something I was gonna sew and didn't flip out at myself over it. Still had to chuck it, which was sad, but hey, there's more to work with.

Apparently today has been a good day and my brain refuses to let me change that.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
and now I want more marmite flatbreads. Don't do this to me guys :)) and @Posyrose I took your advice and bought a red one. And I ignored my own advice and bought a dark coloured glasses case because, well, it had a cat on it. And then I screwed up something I was gonna sew and didn't flip out at myself over it. Still had to chuck it, which was sad, but hey, there's more to work with.

Apparently today has been a good day and my brain refuses to let me change that.
Why dont you sew yourself an organiser thing with pockets @Lorcan ? Like a thing that goes on a coat hanger or dowel rod you have hung up by your table or sofa or bed with different pockets for glasses, phone, keys, remote control, wallet, scissors, etc... my mum made me one for shoes when I was 5, with a different felt animal sewn on each pocket- and I would actually love something like that back in my life now I'm 45 and have the start of menopause lady brain, I lost my glasses today because I have 3 different pairs of glasses so to make it easier to know which is which the ones with blue frames are in the blue case... but my sofa is blue... life can be so complicated, the big things are often easier that the little things!

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I actually have one! What I don't have is anywhere to put it, because where it was, is now where the ironing board hangs. My mum made one out of old jeans and it's down the side of my bed atm actually.

The slightly bigger issue is trying to train myself to use it. And not just "fell out of pocket onto floor/bed/sofa" "played a quick game but chucked onto sofa so I get something else done instead" or...you get me, heh.

DSC_0375.JPG

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I didn’t know you played the violin! :)
I can just about get my way around a recorder! :xd:🙉

It's been over 15 years since I held one, I don't even know if I could still play. Probably not. Plus my tutor for years was one of the most unpleasant people I've ever met, and when I finally got a new one, there were a lot of habits I had to stop because they drove the new one crazy. AND I couldn't keep the rhythm of something if it didn't have enough energy to it. I ended up with Irish music more often than not because I couldn't follow anything else.

And somehow I still reached my Grade 5 in whatever the exams were. It was a miracle, honestly.

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Also this is where it was. I only have 3 places to hang stuff, you can see the clock, and I have a wolf landscape on the 3rd.

DSC_0376.JPG

(please excuse the state of my lounge, it's not as bad as it looks I swear)

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It's been over 15 years since I held one, I don't even know if I could still play. Probably not. Plus my tutor for years was one of the most unpleasant people I've ever met, and when I finally got a new one, there were a lot of habits I had to stop because they drove the new one crazy. AND I couldn't keep the rhythm of something if it didn't have enough energy to it. I ended up with Irish music more often than not because I couldn't follow anything else.

And somehow I still reached my Grade 5 in whatever the exams were. It was a miracle, honestly.
If you got to grade 5 you can likely still play. I played violin for a short while then piano. Although I didn’t do any piano exams, I was playing around grade 5. It kind of came back to me when I played again. I wish we had an upright piano, even a small one 😭

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I was 16 when I last really played, I'm 34 this year. I was never particularly great (although I'd never say no to playing irish music again, but it's a whole other kettle of fish compared to playing orchestral/solo stuff), I don't know that I even want to play much anymore. Sorta reminds me of stuff I lost and I'm never gonna get back, lol.

Jill B

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Such a shame that your teacher was so unpleasant. Why do such people choose to teach!? I'm sure you'd be able to play though, even after all this time. I've never played much folk music but I think it would be fun!

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Such a shame that your teacher was so unpleasant. Why do such people choose to teach!? I'm sure you'd be able to play though, even after all this time. I've never played much folk music but I think it would be fun!

Irish session music is a bit different to the normal session stuff - obviously you've got your base tunes no matter what, but a lot of it is...improvised? You've got the leader of the session, maybe they're the fiddler, or one of the others, but the improv follows the leader of the group. Most people haven't heard much music aside from An Irish Party in 3rd Class from Titanic, but even that, Gaelic Storm adapted it from Hills of Connemara.