What made you happy today?

RedLoredAmazon

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yesterday while I was waiting to pick up my littlest one from school, I was thinking about some happy memories I had of my friend that I just lost. I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye and saw one of the most amazing sights I have seen. There was a bald eagle majestically flying through the sky right above me. I have never seen a bald eagle in the wild before; all the ones I have seen have been at zoos or wildlife rehabbers. They don't normally live around where I live as there isn't enough water for them to go fishing or good nesting. I feel like that was a sign that my friend is all right.

weepweeps

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
What a lovely sign from your friend. They will always be in your heart. I’m sure you have some wonderful memories of them. Take care ❤️

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
You're very organised! I make my Christmas cake first week of December and ice it about a week before Christmas. I have made Christmas puds in the past but now I buy them.
It has become a sort of tradition since I've been working in a school as I know I have the time, although I would have preferred to make it earlier in the week, hubby booked time off so made a list of things we needed to do! My cake was not high on the list! Although making it this early means we can feed it well 🥴
I think there is a date at the end of November called stir up Sunday, which is an old traditional day for making Christmas pudding, my mother and sister in law always used to spend a day making puddings, I have my own recipe though that we like so we all just do our own thing now.

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
It's been 10 years today since I arrived and started my life in the UK from the Philippines! I migrated to get married and live with hubby here. Time has flown by soooo freaking fast!

Photos are from my first day here (it was in Colwyn Bay I think) and today just lounging in the house. 😁😊

PicsArt_10-30-01.17.00.jpg

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Know what you mean. I'd moved here (this house and partner) 10 years ago Wednesday this week, normally we would have gone out for the day but with the weather as it is we stayed home!
I've been living here for 10 years and I'm still not a fan of the autumn and winter. 🤣