• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you happy today?

Sounds like a plan. Would she be comfortable with that in terms of covid etc? Even though it was cleaning, I think even being in the same room was a bonus and you could talk and actually see each other.
Yes it was nice to see her :) I found a cleaning company who specifically offers "Independant living support for the elderly and disabled" so I sent them an email, I think they should understand masks, gloves, risks etc :)

Yes it was nice to see her :) I found a cleaning company who specifically offers "Independant living support for the elderly and disabled" so I sent them an email, I think they should understand masks, gloves, risks etc :)
That sounds perfect! Hope they get back to you soon.

:agr: Parma Violets who ever thought of that as a sweet?!?:vom:
We haven't lived in the UK for years and they are always at the top of our UK shopping list when we come back - LOVE Parma Violets.
Stocks are running seriously low due to Corona, meaning we haven't been back since Feb.
30 days and counting :))

Working with such good people! I volunteer at a local food bank Monday mornings, and I’d mentioned to the ladies there that I needed to get new shoes since mine had worn out. It was just in passing, and I certainly wasn’t expecting them to do anything about it.

Anyway, went in this morning, and all was pretty much normal. Was just getting on as usual, when one lady came into the store room and basically said, “Look, I know how much walking you do, and you need a good pair of shoes. We want to give you some money to buy a pair”.

I nearly cried. They’re so lovely. And yes, have got some new shoes. Which also makes me happy!

Working with such good people! I volunteer at a local food bank Monday mornings, and I’d mentioned to the ladies there that I needed to get new shoes since mine had worn out. It was just in passing, and I certainly wasn’t expecting them to do anything about it.

Anyway, went in this morning, and all was pretty much normal. Was just getting on as usual, when one lady came into the store room and basically said, “Look, I know how much walking you do, and you need a good pair of shoes. We want to give you some money to buy a pair”.

I nearly cried. They’re so lovely. And yes, have got some new shoes. Which also makes me happy!
How lovely! What a lovely lot of people you volunteer with!

I’ve sent off the forms for my provisional licence today!
Very excited to learn to drive, though i’m not very good with co-ordination so I think it’s going to take me a long time to get the hang of it😂😂

I posted mine mid-July. I'm hoping the DVLA backlog is cleared at some point this year! I'm nervous about learning but if I don't do it now I never will. I'm already thinking of how this will change my life.

One of our staff, who's been having to shield since the lockdown started, finally was back at work today! Her first words to me were "HEY THE &^$(£ IS BACK" which confused some of our newer residents. Ah, it's good to be back to some semblance of normal.

One of our staff, who's been having to shield since the lockdown started, finally was back at work today! Her first words to me were "HEY THE &^$(£ IS BACK" which confused some of our newer residents. Ah, it's good to be back to some semblance of normal.
I'm taking it that her return is a positive thing, the &^$($£ was her joking with you? :xd: I hope the return to a semblance of normal continues for you - - and for the rest of us - though I've a horrible feeling too many people aren't "taking care" and are going to make it worse for everyone :no:

I'm taking it that her return is a positive thing, the &^$($£ was her joking with you? :xd: I hope the return to a semblance of normal continues for you - - and for the rest of us - though I've a horrible feeling too many people aren't "taking care" and are going to make it worse for everyone :no:

Definitely normal for her. One year I gave the staff as a whole a Christmas card, but I also gave her one for herself - saying "It's Christmas time, and time to pretend we like each other. Happy Christmas!" She loved it :))

So happy this evening as my son spent an hour and a half training with his cricket team for the first time since March. It's the first time he's seen any friends since March, and he's done very little cricket practice either, so seeing him out on the field enjoying himself again was beautiful 🏏
😍 We got home just in time for the last few minutes of lap time and cuddles with our girls too before they were off to bed. :-)

I’m happy because I finally decided what planner to get and ordered it. But it may not be here until end August 😭
What kind did you order? I got myself a bullet journal late last year, and will never return to a normal planner/diary now. It has really helped me manage my busy lifestyle so well :-)

I had to get a teacher planner. I’ve used a bullet journal in the past and liked it. I’ve also got a passion planner which I like as well. That will be for personal life and treasurer work. I’ll see how I go regards the latter. Depending how busy I am I may have to give it up.

Last edited:
Back