• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you happy today?

It sounds like Mr Alice will miss your Mum whilst she's in hospital, even if he does get a better diet ;)
Speedy recovery for your Mum, hope she improves /stabilises quickly... At least she's remembered Mr Alice even in hospital... That's so sweet :hug:

Congratulations on your cancelled dentist appointment too :clap:
Xx

It sounds like Mr Alice will miss your Mum whilst she's in hospital, even if he does get a better diet ;)
Speedy recovery for your Mum, hope she improves /stabilises quickly... At least she's remembered Mr Alice even in hospital... That's so sweet :hug:

Congratulations on your cancelled dentist appointment too :clap:
Xx
Thank you! Mum isnt the best suited to having a pet but she randomly bought him from a pet shop one day then we supplied the correct sized cage and wheel for him- Mum is terminally ill and she says he keeps her company at night when she can't sleep so we can't really argue with her, he'll get a partial cage clean tomorrow and probably I will confiscate his excessive secret stash of sugar puffs and give him some extra torn up paper strips to nest in and a few toilet roll middles to play with :)

Well.. last night I got stressed when me and my partner where trying to discuss my pony flying over from the U.K. trying to figure out how we will pay the debt back to our friend and how long it will take etc... I ended up just crying, I’m feeling overwhelmed by things at the moment... HOWEVER since then I’ve felt quite cheerful :)) :)) Must have needed the little cry (I NEVER let in how stressed I am to my partner.. it’s a fault of mine lol).
So this morning (9.30am here in Aus) I’m feeling a little more cheerful, got up early to put my piggies outside for an hour or 2 before it gets to hot. Wilma has started to love her metacam so that made me happy that she’s now enjoying her medication. And it makes me happy when I see her little face waiting for food each morning, each day is a blessing with her now. As the first thing I think of when I wake up in a panic, that she has died in the night (she has cancer). And it makes me happy when all 5 of the pigs start wheeeeeking together.
And Mary was a good girl taking her medicine this morning too!
Last night I discovered that almost all of them love lapping up critical care from a syringe (I was trying to give it to Mary!)
They just make me happy, they’re all so precious. Don’t know what I’d do without them.
And I’ve woken up feeling fine today, whereas yesterday morning I woke up very ill.
The sun is shining, the birds are sqwarking, the piggies are munching grass and I’m ok.
So today, hopefully will be a good day.

I managed to get out in the garden & clear some more wood, weeds, junk from an unused greenhouse frame.
My little feathered friends were watching me intently again today, they then decided to join me...
Meet Mr & Mrs Bobbin my romancing Robins 💋
_20200208_144439.JPG
They must have found loads of worms & wiglets, especially as I moved a big wood pile from there to the other side of the garden.

My eye test was absolutely fine. I've stressed about it for weeks! My prescription has changed slightly so he recommends new glasses & I'm "perfectly legal" to drive. He wouldn't guess when I asked for an estimate of how far 20metres is though.

@Sar always good news! I had to make an appointment as one of my eyes has not been focusing properly after I wake up - even with glasses on. So my happy for yesterday is that my prescription hasn’t changed and she didn’t find anything wrong with my eye 💃

What made me happy today was seeing my shyest piggy sleeping out in the open - TWICE!. And she stayed there for at least twenty minutes the second time. She melts my heart because she likes things on her own terms:wub:
161BB9EA-1F30-4996-9DCC-262D52EAEACF.jpeg

Attachments

• 71A006F5-53AE-4CD1-A855-7EE718AA9B21.jpeg
    71A006F5-53AE-4CD1-A855-7EE718AA9B21.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
Two really big things today that had been causing me anxiety have brought a smile.
Firstly my sister has had her first knee replaced and was well enough to text me.
Secondly my mum has exchanged contracts on the sale of our family home. She completes next week. She’s going to live temporarily with my brother while she looks for a suitable home to downsize into.

Today I am happy because my daughter just told me that my 10 month old grandson has learned to stand up! He was born a month premature and everyone warned us he may be slower to develop but now he stands up, a trick he learned like piggies do to reach for food that is slightly out of reach :)
He'll stand up with just one hand to steady him to steal Mummy's toast off the sofa, and he had a health visitor check today and all weighed and measured he has an above average weight, an above average head measurement, above average developmental milestones (judged by him laughing a lot and clapping in time to a nursery rhyme and standing up to steal toast) but is far below average height which is completely to be expected in our family, his great-grandma is 5ft 2, I am 5ft 1, his Mummy is barely 5ft... so he's short fat and clever like the rest of us :)

After feeling quite down last week after the job interview disaster, everything is looking up this week! It’s quite exciting how things have turned and two new opportunities have pretty much landed in my lap in the space of 24 hours!

Back