• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you happy today?

Being able to take my cat to the vets for his monthly check and steroid injection made me happy and I think waiting in the car park instead of the waiting room made him happy lol. As he has liver failure he loses some weight each month, last month he lost a lot more than usual which was a big worry but today he had put it back on again! which made me extra happy😻

Me and my sister are plotting a shared dinner on Sunday for our families. Sharing recipes and then sitting down at the same time to eat the same food and setting up Skype so we can enjoy dinner together even though we're apart. I'm really looking forward to it and it's keeping me going.

Me and my sister are plotting a shared dinner on Sunday for our families. Sharing recipes and then sitting down at the same time to eat the same food and setting up Skype so we can enjoy dinner together even though we're apart. I'm really looking forward to it and it's keeping me going.
What a fantastic idea! Sounds like you will all have a lot of fun:))

Well, actually there was quite a lot to smile about today.
1. Today was the day that a group of us were meant to be having an evening of oracle and angel card readings. This had to be cancelled (for obvious reasons) but instead I had an individual online reading via messenger video. A very uplifting and insightful experience.
2. A friend in a Watsapp group organised a virtual coffee morning and we had a video coffee and cake session and a great catch up.
3. I made it to ALDI and they had loo roll, kitchen roll, bread, eggs and other staples. And 2 bags of coriander (happy floofs)
4. Son1A cleaned my car inside and out to showroom standards.
Oh, and the sun was out, the birds were singing and the world looked beautiful.
And now I’m off to open a gift sent to me through the post earlier in the week by a wonderful friend.....

Making it through the first week with the kids home. They didn’t get everything done though, so feeling a bit disappointed in myself.
I'm sure you did great @Siikibam doing any sort of school work is better than many kids will be doing- kids at home derail even the best parental lesson plans, my nephews today watched the Chester zoo online thing for a couple of hours then went on a "minibeast hunt" in the garden and painted rainbows on the windows instead of doing their well planned home history lesson... but its all quality time with you which is what matters in the long run!

I'm sure you did great @Siikibam doing any sort of school work is better than many kids will be doing- kids at home derail even the best parental lesson plans, my nephews today watched the Chester zoo online thing for a couple of hours then went on a "minibeast hunt" in the garden and painted rainbows on the windows instead of doing their well planned home history lesson... but its all quality time with you which is what matters in the long run!
Doesn’t feel that way when I have to argue with my son to get him to do his work. He’s been getting something new every day. Decided to leave him Wednesday and Thursday, see if he can prove me wrong. He didn’t. Today spent catching up with work that was overdue. He’s still got one more. And even one of his subjects was the bare minimum in my opinion. Frustrating and worrying.

Doesn’t feel that way when I have to argue with my son to get him to do his work. He’s been getting something new every day. Decided to leave him Wednesday and Thursday, see if he can prove me wrong. He didn’t. Today spent catching up with work that was overdue. He’s still got one more. And even one of his subjects was the bare minimum in my opinion. Frustrating and worrying.
From what you've said about the housework your kids can do for their age, they seem great kids. Most kids need prompting. The kids with keyworker parents are saying they're just playing at school. I'm sure your kids will be ahead of most.

A shopping trip made me happy this morning.
First to PAH - essentials only being sold but came away with Science Selective grain free nuggets, wood shavings and a bag of oat grass.
Staff very chatty and friendly from a suitable social distance.
Next stop Tesco.
Security guards ensuring smooth movement of a long queue.
Most people in very good humour, chatting and laughing with others.
Took about 20 minutes to get in and apart from loo rolls was able to get everything I needed.
Staff so friendly and the whole process worked very smoothly.

My local pub called me and said that they they had some spare veg and would I like them for the Guineas. This pub have been amazing They are Doing takeaways for people in the village and supplying fresh groceries. They had saved all the greens cut offs for the Guineas...I was really moved.

Back