• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you happy today?

Irish session music is a bit different to the normal session stuff - obviously you've got your base tunes no matter what, but a lot of it is...improvised? You've got the leader of the session, maybe they're the fiddler, or one of the others, but the improv follows the leader of the group. Most people haven't heard much music aside from An Irish Party in 3rd Class from Titanic, but even that, Gaelic Storm adapted it from Hills of Connemara.
Sounds great! Though I'm not sure I'd be very good at it as I'm not so confident at improvising. My dad used to have some Dubliners records btw.

and now I want more marmite flatbreads. Don't do this to me guys :)) and @Posyrose I took your advice and bought a red one. And I ignored my own advice and bought a dark coloured glasses case because, well, it had a cat on it. And then I screwed up something I was gonna sew and didn't flip out at myself over it. Still had to chuck it, which was sad, but hey, there's more to work with.

Apparently today has been a good day and my brain refuses to let me change that.
I hope the red case makes it easier to find it when it goes missing...or as my mum says 'walks'!

I saw the cat glasses case and love the look of that.

I hope the red case makes it easier to find it when it goes missing...or as my mum says 'walks'!

I saw the cat glasses case and love the look of that.

I'm just glad the frames fit, they're on the large side and I couldn't be certain. I mean, fold the legs the other way and they don't fit then either, but there was a free lens cloth in there too. The red phone case should help, too. It won't (of course), but it should!

We've had a great weekend! It didn't start off so well as I didn't feel great until about 3pm on Saturday (exhaustion from first week back at work plus late night Fri plus 'time of the month') and neither did hubby (exhaustion/migraine).

However, when we picked up our daughter, Grace, from Pony Magic (1.5 hrs of riding and horse fare), a boy who she gets on really well with had asked his mum if Grace could come and play at his house sometime. That made me really happy as she doesn't have any close friends at school and is an only child. I tried the old play-date thing when she was in Reception and things were set for two children to come to ours one afternoon. A few days before, one mum gave backword as something had come up. The other child simply never turned up, despite me texting her mum a few days before as a reminder 😠. Grace was really upset so I've not tried since to set anything up.

Anyway, after Pony Magic, we visited MIL to find that Grace's cousin (a girl just one year younger that she hardly gets to see) was there ready to give her a big hug. They had a lovely time playing.

Today, we went to church and Grace was able to go to Explore (Sunday school) for the first time since March 2020!

This afternoon, we went for a walk from home and saw lots of beautiful ponies and horses which delighted a certain 7 year old!

We've also taken delivery of a table tennis table top for our kitchen table (how many 'tables' can you get in one sentence? 😁). We got it set up today. Great fun! It also means we can seat a couple more for Christmas dinner!
20210912_162827.jpg

Sorry for such a long post!

I was 16 when I last really played, I'm 34 this year. I was never particularly great (although I'd never say no to playing irish music again, but it's a whole other kettle of fish compared to playing orchestral/solo stuff), I don't know that I even want to play much anymore. Sorta reminds me of stuff I lost and I'm never gonna get back, lol.
I was 16 when I last played cello! And I asked for one for my birthday a couple of months ago and I'm quite a bit more than 34 🤣 And I nearly got to grade 5 but I stopped before I got to the exam, so I only have grade 4. Doubt if I still have the certificate. Anyway I'm finding it slow going getting back into it, probably because I'm expecting to still be at grade 4 / 5 level 35 years later (duh).
Anyway... I'm 51. So as I say it's 35 years.
So your whole life has happened since I last played. Hope that makes you feel young 😄

We've had a great weekend! It didn't start off so well as I didn't feel great until about 3pm on Saturday (exhaustion from first week back at work plus late night Fri plus 'time of the month') and neither did hubby (exhaustion/migraine).

However, when we picked up our daughter, Grace, from Pony Magic (1.5 hrs of riding and horse fare), a boy who she gets on really well with had asked his mum if Grace could come and play at his house sometime. That made me really happy as she doesn't have any close friends at school and is an only child. I tried the old play-date thing when she was in Reception and things were set for two children to come to ours one afternoon. A few days before, one mum gave backword as something had come up. The other child simply never turned up, despite me texting her mum a few days before as a reminder 😠. Grace was really upset so I've not tried since to set anything up.

Anyway, after Pony Magic, we visited MIL to find that Grace's cousin (a girl just one year younger that she hardly gets to see) was there ready to give her a big hug. They had a lovely time playing.

Today, we went to church and Grace was able to go to Explore (Sunday school) for the first time since March 2020!

This afternoon, we went for a walk from home and saw lots of beautiful ponies and horses which delighted a certain 7 year old!

We've also taken delivery of a table tennis table top for our kitchen table (how many 'tables' can you get in one sentence? 😁). We got it set up today. Great fun! It also means we can seat a couple more for Christmas dinner!
View attachment 185347

Sorry for such a long post!
Aw that's lovely, the little boy must have really liked her. I have an only child too. It's all part of life, the ups and downs for everyone, but it's upsetting when they feel rejected.

I hope it's alright posting this here, my ma and I don't always get along the best but I'm really proud of her for this:

Quilt to last

I remember when this started and they weren't sure if it would go anywhere, and now they've got a number of others involved too.
Beautiful quilts and what a lovely thing to do.

I'm just glad the frames fit, they're on the large side and I couldn't be certain. I mean, fold the legs the other way and they don't fit then either, but there was a free lens cloth in there too. The red phone case should help, too. It won't (of course), but it should!
Yes the tiny cases I was given by specsavers, the glasses fit when they were handed over but... could I figure out how they were supposed to fit back in? Not a chance! So I ordered cases online, each pair of glasses has a soft pretty case for on my desk and a hard case for travel. I just bought "large sunglasses cases" to make sure because my frames are all enormous :)

I hope it's alright posting this here, my ma and I don't always get along the best but I'm really proud of her for this:

Quilt to last

I remember when this started and they weren't sure if it would go anywhere, and now they've got a number of others involved too.
What a lovely thing to do! :)

Beautiful quilts and what a lovely thing to do.

What a lovely thing to do! :)

They have some gorgeous quilts, I wish I could see them in person (damn that pesky Irish Sea). And I can guarantee she loves doing it, every time I ring it's like "Sorry you're on loudspeaker because I need to fix this seam." The article says she never sewed til 5 years ago - aside from the Jones machine she owned before I was born, this is accurate. I never saw her use that machine before I moved out. Even she has no idea why she bought it then, lol.

could I figure out how they were supposed to fit back in?

I had no idea how much of a difference folding the arms one way or the other made, and I swear it's only gotten worse, my head can't be THAT lopsided, can it?

Quilt to last

They're fantastic! And how lovely for those who receive them.

Painting with my girls this morning;
Walk in a local beauty spot this afternoon;
I made vegan roast dinner this evening.
Somewhere in between I made vegan "cheese" and sundried tomato scones that are actually edible.
But the thing that made me happiest today was on the dog walk this morning, chatting to my 15 year old autistic daughter who has struggled with high school and missed so much of the last year that she's repeating the year, and she said -

"School feels good. I think I can do it."

Boom! We have fought for so much for her and finally it feels like we're getting there!

Painting with my girls this morning;
Walk in a local beauty spot this afternoon;
I made vegan roast dinner this evening.
Somewhere in between I made vegan "cheese" and sundried tomato scones that are actually edible.
But the thing that made me happiest today was on the dog walk this morning, chatting to my 15 year old autistic daughter who has struggled with high school and missed so much of the last year that she's repeating the year, and she said -

"School feels good. I think I can do it."

Boom! We have fought for so much for her and finally it feels like we're getting there!
So happy for you and your daughter. It's so hard to get agreement to repeat a year so well done for that! Feeling like she can manage it, is great.

Quilt to last

What a lovely thing for those care leavers. They are beautiful, makes me want to sew…and it sounds like they have fun making them. By the way, who of the two ladies is your mum?

@Pigwhisperer it goes to show what a lovely young lady you’re raising. Well done her for coming to the conclusion herself. I hope the coming year will be better for her 💜

Back