• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you happy today?

Painting with my girls this morning;
Walk in a local beauty spot this afternoon;
I made vegan roast dinner this evening.
Somewhere in between I made vegan "cheese" and sundried tomato scones that are actually edible.
But the thing that made me happiest today was on the dog walk this morning, chatting to my 15 year old autistic daughter who has struggled with high school and missed so much of the last year that she's repeating the year, and she said -

"School feels good. I think I can do it."

Boom! We have fought for so much for her and finally it feels like we're getting there!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I’ve had a productive morning today. Uploaded tomorrow’s work and timetable. Started on Wednesdays lessons. But now feel tired. I don’t even feel like knitting 😳😳 It’s been an okay day (can’t complain) but has made me realise I don’t really like being at home any more 🤣

I hope it's alright posting this here, my ma and I don't always get along the best but I'm really proud of her for this:

Quilt to last

I remember when this started and they weren't sure if it would go anywhere, and now they've got a number of others involved too.
What a lovely thing to do. No wonder you are proud.

:yahoo: I have finished my Reflexology Diploma. :yahoo:

I started this latest chapter in my life in January 2020 as a hobby, that gradually took over more and more time until I finally gave up my job in June to focus on finishing it. 12 classroom days of anatomy and physiology (plus well over 70 pathologies researched and written up). 15 days of practical classroom teaching. Multiple written assignments including business module with market research, business plan, marketing and comms plan. 3 formal assessments. 120 hours of case studies all written up and submitted. It all culminated in today’s final assessment. And I passed with great feedback. Still feels unreal, but I am actually a fully fledged Reflexologist at last.

Next step - launching my business and earning some money again!

I started this latest chapter in my life in January 2020 as a hobby, that gradually took over more and more time until I finally gave up my job in June to focus on finishing it. 12 classroom days of anatomy and physiology (plus well over 70 pathologies researched and written up). 15 days of practical classroom teaching. Multiple written assignments including business module with market research, business plan, marketing and comms plan. 3 formal assessments. 120 hours of case studies all written up and submitted. It all culminated in today’s final assessment. And I passed with great feedback. Still feels unreal, but I am actually a fully fledged Reflexologist at last.

Congratulations 🎉

Congratulations on your feedback, that's amazing to make such a big change during a pandemic and launch your own business! Reflexology is the only massage I like, hope it all goes well.

Fantastic news Vic, well done and good luck for the future.

Congratulations! would you like to come and stay? :whistle:

That’s good news. Hope you get some answers & treatment sorted.
I hope so, although I'm still on full pay for the first 6 months, I've lost my shift allowance which is worth £400 a month which is a massive loss for me. :(

After a rubbish week thought I’d cheer myself up a bit and bought some new fleece. Then found a bargain for 36 grids so thought I’d grab that and some new correx as well! :D
F015EE8E-03F0-4FC1-B5DC-261C64BE3132.jpeg
Not a clue what I’m going to do with it all yet but will be playing around with it in the very near future! :D:yahoo:
(And not new pigs by the way, or I’ll have to get rid of my sofa! :)) )

After a rubbish week thought I’d cheer myself up a bit and bought some new fleece. Then found a bargain for 36 grids so thought I’d grab that and some new correx as well! :D
View attachment 185615
Not a clue what I’m going to do with it all yet but will be playing around with it in the very near future! :D:yahoo:
(And not new pigs by the way, or I’ll have to get rid of my sofa! :)) )
Be honest, do you really need a sofa?

@VickiA congratulations! It’s a pity you live so far away 😆
@BossHogg i hope you get bbq on the toad to recovery soon.

Speaking of which, my little finger has been swollen since last year (around pandemic time). It wasn’t hurting so didn’t think much of it and figured it would go down. It didn’t and started to feel sore on and off to the touch and it hurts when I press. Got an X-ray referral after speaking to the GP. It was for Friday but thankfully I was able to reschedule it for next week! Hoping it’s something simple.

@VickiA congratulations! It’s a pity you live so far away 😆
@BossHogg i hope you get bbq on the toad to recovery soon.

Speaking of which, my little finger has been swollen since last year (around pandemic time). It wasn’t hurting so didn’t think much of it and figured it would go down. It didn’t and started to feel sore on and off to the touch and it hurts when I press. Got an X-ray referral after speaking to the GP. It was for Friday but thankfully I was able to reschedule it for next week! Hoping it’s something simple.

Heh, several years back I had a swollen little finger - not the whole finger, like the top 2/3 of it? I thought I might have been bitten, so I ignored it. It didn't go down, so I assumed a reaction to something. Didn't go down. I think I left it almost a year before finally getting it looked at and my GP was very unimpressed with me, it was a soft tissue infection that was thankfully localised even though I'd ignored it for so long haha. Whoops.

Back