• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you happy today?

Yeuch :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom:

Hope it doesn't find its way back in - in a previous abode we used to find slugs in the kitchen/dining room, we eventually worked out they were coming in through a small gap in the patio doors where the frame had rotted slightly. My husband once came down during the night and picked up what he thought was a wine gum on the dining table ....

I have a problem :D:))
View attachment 186483
View attachment 186482
Took hours again and the inhabitants are not quite as confident as the porky pair so half covered up now but sure they’ll love it a bit more tomorrow! :))
Yep somehow the sofa is still in there @Lorcan but not much space for anything else! XD
What an amazing space for Jaspy and Lolo, I’m very, very envious I won’t show it to Hector and Kiki 😊

I am happy that after a week I have FINALLY found and despatched the slug (chucked it outside in a piece of Kitchen Roll) that has been coating my kitchen worktops and cooker liberally with its disgusting slime every night. :vom: I have been doing a lot of disinfecting with F10.
I have a kitchen slug too, but usually he stays on the floor so I just let him wander... he had a narrow escape yesterday, he was investigating the dirty piggy fleeces on the floor next to the washing machine- good job I found him in time! You'd hate my kitchen @Betsy its full of creepy crawly slimy wildlife lol :)
Flies I wont tolerate they get hunted down with the insecticidal version of F10 but most other small creatures are welcome!

I have a kitchen slug too, but usually he stays on the floor so I just let him wander... he had a narrow escape yesterday, he was investigating the dirty piggy fleeces on the floor next to the washing machine- good job I found him in time! You'd hate my kitchen @Betsy its full of creepy crawly slimy wildlife lol :)
Flies I wont tolerate they get hunted down with the insecticidal version of F10 but most other small creatures are welcome!
Well if I actually finally make it up to see you as 1st 2 attempts failed cos of Covid, I'll stay out of your Kitchen and tuck a couple of your piggies in my piggynapping bag while you're not looking then😁

Today I'm happy I successfully made Uncle John's 80th birthday cake ready for Saturday :)
A bit out of my comfort zone because I like healthier desserts but although John eats my reduced sugar/high fibre carrot cake/banana cake/fruit crumbles with added oats... he prefers old fashioned cakey cakes like kids do!
So... double layer chocolate sponge filled with chocolate-vanilla buttercream, topped with dark chocolate then hand made slightly blobby marbled milk/white chocolate decorations.
Looks a bit homemade but, it is! And extremely chocolately :)
View attachment 186513
Looks delicious 😋

2063EDE2-8CD0-48FF-B32E-3169A91D5010.jpeg
View from the dining room this morning when I pulled back the blinds.

Finally getting the crisis that hit my desk on Monday morning to a more manageable challenging situation (feel exhausted)

Going out for a meal with my husband this evening- lovely food and just so nice to have the time together after a fraught week.

Reminiscing with a staff member about some of the people who used to work here, she was saying there's 4 of them moving on to work somewhere else together. Seemed like a pretty sensible group til she named the fourth person and I'm like, "Yeah that's a recipe for disaster (she is a bit of a melter, really). You know the only way you could make that group worse?" And she named the exact person I was thinking of. Ah I hope they're all doing alright. Sounds like they are, anyway.

Also, as of yesterday, allowed to have a weeks worth of medication in my possession at once - and for the first time in about 6 years, really. And I mean, it's great and all, but I don't have a pillbox big enough XD

I’m happy as I have lost another 2lb taking my total weight loss to nearly 10lb. I still have 2 stone to go though and I’m worried as we’re going away for the weekend so they’ll be lots of eating and drinking :(
You've done amazingly well! What diet are you following? I need to tackle my lockdown weight.
Could you just enjoy the 2 days and get back to it Monday, or does that not work for you?

You've done amazingly well! What diet are you following? I need to tackle my lockdown weight.
Could you just enjoy the 2 days and get back to it Monday, or does that not work for you?
Thank you. I guess I could get back on it on Monday. I’m just calorie counting really, eating lots of salads and cut down on my alcohol intake which has helped massively

I’m in my happy place as I travel up to Nottingham for a my little pony convention. First time in a long while that I’ve pushed my crafting skills and happy to see how well my ponies that I’ve made, sell.

Attachments

• 0188FDA4-1F3B-437D-B7DF-22709A532F60.jpeg
    0188FDA4-1F3B-437D-B7DF-22709A532F60.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 19
I’m happy as I have lost another 2lb taking my total weight loss to nearly 10lb. I still have 2 stone to go though and I’m worried as we’re going away for the weekend so they’ll be lots of eating and drinking :(
Well done.
Don’t worry about the weekend away.
You can afford a little relaxation, just don’t go overboard.
Given how strict you’ve been with yourself it will probably help to have a weekend off being so strict.
As a teetotaller I know there are lots of lovely alternatives to alcohol out there as well so you don’t have to drink lots of alcohol.
Just enjoy your weekend away.

Back