• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What Other Animals Do You Own?

Afton<3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone

It's been some time since iv been on here - last year was pretty traumatic (lost my dad and my gran). I also lost my teddy piggy :,( but now I have two beautiful ladies KiKi and Chewy who Pumpkin just adores! (See picture of my babies!) Anyway i have been looking at other pets to adopt and have been tempted by a African Pygmy Hedgehog but after doing some research i have decided to hold off getting one until I can set up a vivarium in the upstairs lounge since I found out they are noisy at Night so not best for the bedroom! I have my 3 piggies a golden retriever and a cat and was wondering what other pets you all have and if you have any that get along with your piggies!

Xx

20160515_200005.jpg

Awww sounds like you've had a really tough year :hug:At least your furry family will be there to cheer you up!

As a Sanctuary we always have loads of piggies obvs, but we also have 2 fish tanks, one containing a pair of goldfish called Buggy and Squishy and a pair of Butterfly plecs called Jerry and Gil, and the other with 2 platies (Rocket and Dizzy), 2 amano shrimp (Angela Merkel and Theresa May) and 3 horned nerite snails (Snap, Crackle and Pop)!
Then there is Miley the destructive house rabbit and Sir Robwig Huffleham the Russian hamster, and 2 pleurodonte snails called Parsley and Sasquatch!

I like snails :drool:

Sorry to hear you've had a rough year, hope you're on the up now :)

I've got my 5 piggies, a cat and 2 giant African land snails! The cat can't be trusted and the snails don't know the piggies exist, even though they get the left overs! :))

@Merrypigs Sanctuary are those aquatic snails? I like snails too! :drool:

Lovely pigs!
I have a German shepherd, 3 boy pigs, a bantam, an indoor Netherland dwarf bun, a hamster, an aquarium of tropical bottom feeders and a gorgeous tortoise.

Sorry to hear you've had a rough year, hope you're on the up now :)

I've got my 5 piggies, a cat and 2 giant African land snails! The cat can't be trusted and the snails don't know the piggies exist, even though they get the left overs! :))

@Merrypigs Sanctuary are those aquatic snails? I like snails too! :drool:
Yup, the Horned Nerites are aquatic, but the pleurodonte are land snails :) I'm glad I'm not the only snail lover on here :xd:

Gorgeous!

We have:

10 guinea pigs
3 gerbils
3 mice
4 Giant African Land Snails
10-15 fish in the outdoor pond.
1 Dog

Sorry to hear things have been rough. :( Cute piggies!

I have:
2 guinea pigs, Maple & Maisie (two sows)
1 horse, Redz

That's about it for now!

Sorry you've had such a rough year. Your piggies are adorable.

I will be collecting my 3 new piggies next week. (Eileen, Eva and Edna)

I also have:

8 year old Staffy, Cody,
11 year old Cairn x Chihuahua, Daisy
2 cats Baz and Zelda
1 Syrian hamster, Katniss
1 Cockatiel, Harley
Plus a few tropical fish tanks with various fish.

Ooh what do they look like? I've not heard of those before! :D
img_20170526_155948849_by_winterthaw-dbb2owc.jpg

Here is one of mine! That one is Crackle. The horns can be anywhere on their shells and they're usually very striped :)
Image didn't fancy working so here's a link instead XD
2017/151/6/d/img_20170526_155948849_by_winterthaw-dbb2owc.jpg

Oh wow! Yep never seen one like that before, Crackle is stunning! :drool:

Do they have special heat/care requirements?

We need a snail forum too! :))
I'm glad you like Crackle :D He and his buds are happy to live in temperate water with no heater, and all they eat is algae :) The eggs they lay only hatch in brackish water so your tank doesn't get overrun ^-^
Yes, I'm all for a snail forum :D

I'm glad you like Crackle :D He and his buds are happy to live in temperate water with no heater, and all they eat is algae :) The eggs they lay only hatch in brackish water so your tank doesn't get overrun ^-^
Yes, I'm all for a snail forum :D

Ooh even better! Eggs are a nightmare XD They sound great! :D

Back