whats everyone up to Xmas day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
we are saying at home me , hubby, 4 children having a traditional Xmas dinner and watching Xmas TV, while the children play with there new stuff, then tea time is a buffet style tea, then get the kids in bed for 8pm they can watch tv and play with there stuff while me and hubby unwind in front of soap tv, while hubby has a few beers,,,, same for boxing day

whats everyone else up to?x

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Pretty much the same for me, only we only have xmas dinner not tea about 2pm we're not letting kid's open all present's in one go they can open a few and play with them til dinner then the rest after and having a buffet on boxing day, i am trying to 'spring' clean the hou when i do one floor another get's messed up:( don't help that it's a 3 storey with 3 bathroom's either! the only one that help's is my 10yr old son his room is alway's tidy OH plays pc all day 11yr old daughter is a tramp and 4 year old does try i guess maybe i should go on holiday and leave them all to it lol

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We see family during the day and then the three of us and the beasts are all going to sit down to xmas dinner together.

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We are having dinner at my grandparents with my parents as well. Then its tv at night, I'm looking forward to the soaps! Boxing day: Bring on the food and tv lol. Cant wait!:)

Reaction score
I'm usually up before the kids:)) haha no idea why. We open all our pressies. Hubby spends most of the morning in the kitchen cooking dinner, as I'm not allowed to help.-c I'm only allowed in the kitchen to get a drink, or roll a cig.lol Arnt I lucky. I keep the kids entertained with their bits n bobs. We eat then we play some more.
Boxing day is my mummies birthday so we go up to hers for a few hours.^)

Laura-CCC4

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My grandmother is staying here Christmas Eve until halfway through Christmas Day. This is only our second Christmas when it has not been just us. Last 20 years we have never had anyone other than my parents, me (and the twins when they came along), last year was a nice break from the usual and hoping this year goes without a hitch too.

Christmas Eve - once the twins go to bed, we play board games for a few hours, always a great laugh.

Christmas Day - stockings opened on waking, then everyone gets dressed and has breakfast before starting on the presents - that has always been the rule. That is all wrapped up by midday, we have Christmas dinner at around 1-2pm (I'm the only veggie left now, I just have the same minus meat - the roastie potatoes, veggies and yorkshire puds - YUM), then an afternoon of doing nothing, light tea (sandwiches or salad) and then usual bedtime.

Boxing Day, very boring day, again doing nothing!

Oh, and liberal visits to the forum of course, sure I won't be on my lonesome on here. :)

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
On my own with the pigs Christmas Day, so I'll be on the forum if anyone's around. Will also be baking for the family get together on Boxing Day. Hopefully it will go ahead (although I always find it a bit of an ordeal) as my mum's having treatment at the moment and we can only go if we are all healthy and no bugs. So, it's a bit of a wait and see. If it gets cancelled, I'll be on here again. :(|)

BellasMummy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We don't live near any family now so its just me, my mum and my brother. Always really quiet, just have xmas lunch, walk the dog in the afternoon, watch tv and thats it really.
When my grandparents were still alive we used to go to them for xmas and it was always really good but now its never like that :(

Salt n Peppers mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My 70(plus) year old Dad rang to say he will be cooking dinner at Mum&Dad's house because now we have the foster piggies in the dining room and we havn't any room to put the table up -c Result :)) So I got out of cooking dinner this year. Actually Dad gets a bit stressesd up with everyone in his kitchen so we all keep out of his way until he shouts us up for our starter (always melon) rolleyes

So me and hubby, 2 kids and the dog will go round there (only 5 minutes away) have a nice drunken afternoon chatting and playing with the kids new toys.

Xmas eve and boxing day I'm working :(

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm going to visit my Grandparents and have lunch with them on Christmas Day. Normally I spend Christmas night with them and Boxing day but this year I thought I'd go and see them extra early and have lunch there!
They're both delighted :) I'm the only grandchild that still visits them (Every sunday! :)) ) So I get spoiled rotten and treated like I'm still 5 years old :)) I love it!

I will be spending boxing day with my dad and step mum and we'll be chilling out for the day.
We were meant to be going to my brothers house to have lunch with him and his girlfriend but they split up a week ago and although he's sleeping here and she's staying in their house...It really looks like it's over :(
Really sad...Especially at this time of year.

amywithpiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
12 members of my family get together for christmas dinner :) then we play cards, have a few drinks and have a buffet tea afterwards! I love christmas with my family :)

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awww everyone's christmases sound lovely, i hope you all have a lovely day celebrating christmas! :)

Its just a quiet christmas for me, spending the day with my mum and brother, going to church on the morning, then walking the dog, feeding the boys veggies and pressie time! :) Later on I'm spending the evening with my OH family, which will be quite busy and always fun! :)

Claire W

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
We are going to Nottingham for Christmas as we do every year. I finish work on Thursday morning and then we're off.

I'm seeing my best friend on Thursday night, Christmas eve will be spent chilling. I'll have a quiet evening in with my mum on Christmas eve as my dad will be working. Hubby will be with his parents and then on Christmas day, my patents are cooking dinner for my hubby, his parents, my sister in law and her boyfriend. I'm still unsure whether my brother will be attending but it is going to be a busy day.

We will probably spend Boxing day with my hubby's auntie and my parents will come along as well.

PiratePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm going to my parents house after work on Christmas Eve Day. Then we are probably going to Church that night, as we do every year (it's the only time we go really). After church we drive around town and look at all the Christmas lights.

When we get up in the morning we are allowed to open our stockings but we have to wait until everyone (my parents, me and my 2 sisters) is up to open our actual presents. We generally have a good breakfast.

Then around noon we pack up the van and head of to my grandparents' house. There we have lunch with my grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins, and we exchange more gifts with them.

In the evening we usually just get lunch leftovers for supper and then the past couple years we've gone to see a movie at the theatre but I don't know if we'll be doing that this year.

jomad1000

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Going to Kent on Thurs to see the inlaws for a week with the baby, 4 piggies and dog. On Christmas day going to stuff our face, open loads of pressies and drop the bombshell to his family that I am pregnant again (not planned!).

One of his brothers is a fantastic cook so normally there is so much food every day including several deserts. Yum yum!

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Going to Kent on Thurs to see the inlaws for a week with the baby, 4 piggies and dog. On Christmas day going to stuff our face, open loads of pressies and drop the bombshell to his family that I am pregnant again (not planned!).

One of his brothers is a fantastic cook so normally there is so much food every day including several deserts. Yum yum!

ohhhh WOW that will be a xmas prezzy and a half:o :))

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Get the kids up on christmas day because I am more excited than them about opening presents!:)) well they are teenagers:{

Then we go up to my mums and have christmas calvery up the local pub with the in laws too and my sister and her boys.

Then in the evening back to mums house for buffet food and tree presents-c

Status
Not open for further replies.