What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Gadzy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I would post in the general chat for a conversation :). Currently looking after a ill piggy and not much planned for the weekend myself and feeling rather lonely and bored. My girlfriend ended our 4 year relationship at the start of lockdown so things haven't been that active as they once were so just seeing what everyone else is upto this lovely sunny weekend (sunny here anyway) and wanted to post as I'm feeling quite lonely! Please feel free to post below and I also feel it's a good way to get to know some of the members on here a bit better instead of just posting when I have an ill piggy! :) look forward to hearing from you all!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Sorry you’re feeling a bit lonely.
I’ve spent today catching up on housework, restocking piggy supplies and baking.
Put a couple of birthday presents in the post - hopefully to arrive on time.
Chilling for a bit before it’s time to get the evening meal into the oven.
Tomorrow I’m working.

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Not lots of plans, today was catching up with stuff from the week, a journey into my local town took an unexpected turn! Then sport for children tomorrow and if I'm lucky I might get a few minutes to myself?!?

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I went shopping this morning. Got back to the car after Tesco stop and...IT WOULD’NT START! 😭luckily husband was home and he came with the kids to jumpstart. Then I needed petrol. It was lucky he came with me because it wouldn’t start after filling up! He had to push it and jumpstart AGAIN! It got home but again wouldn’t start once switched off!

I admit I was getting stressed. What baffled me is that it did it out of the blue. Nothing at all before today! The battery has lasted 6 years though so I shouldn’t complain.

Luckily my husband is handy and he ordered one and fitted it for me 😍

I’m sorry about your breakup @Gadzy there is always someone on here (within reasonable hours) and you can always browse the fun threads. Could you meet your friends or family? I know circumstances make it difficult though.

gerbilord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have lots of studies to do this weekend, but am enjoying a break now and am about to make myself tea and relax with the guinea pigs. I might be going out soon to pick some blackberries for an apple and blackberry crumble if they are ripe yet or I might just go on a walk and pick them in a few weeks time.

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I'm doing sod all this weekend...which I seem to do every weekend, heh. Rewatching Bones (I recommended it to someone the other day with the caveat "...just don't take it too seriously"). I'm probably supposed to be building furniture but I'm loathe to until I know for certain the abscess has gone, and it's still here so. Braiding, tv shows and playing games - who says men can't multitask? :))

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
@gerbilord I’m curious to know what the studies are. And when are they due? I'm going to cook rice for our dinner but suddenly just realised I’ve yet to have a coffee today! So I’m making myself one when the kettle boils. Maybe sitting to read or browse here as been mainly off today.

gerbilord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The studies are mainly revising a gcse before the exam this October.... :yikes: (getting stressy) and catching up on Classical civilisations from my missed online class this week. (2 hours :eek:) there are also homeworks to do but nothing too difficult. All needs to be done by this Monday so I should probably stop procrastinating and lurking on tgpf.... :)) (nah)

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Omg! Go do the homework! Maybe two today and the remainder tomorrow. What GCSE are you doing? Classical civilisations sounds quite interesting.

I tell you though, I’ve not done this academic reading before, not even during my degree! But it’s interesting so that makes it easier 😂

gerbilord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The gcse is Environmental management (similar to geography). Classical civilisations is very interesting, all about ancient Greek and Roman culture and beliefs (have to say though, when you get past an hour, it doesn't seem quite so interesting anymore... I wonder why :hmm::zzz:)

CrestedPiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been at work today, so it's a nice relaxing evening for me, probably with a glass of wine or two.. 🍷😊 No plans for tomorrow, just see how it plays out

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Had a busy day today, made 2 puds for tomorrow (Old Edinburgh Tart - tastes like Christmas cake in pastry - and a creme caramel), been to Tesco, done 2 loads of washing, had MIL over to help OH with the gardening (she loves gardening and is always happy to help) made dinner for 4 people. Tomorrow I have son coming over to dinner (roast beef, Yorkshire pud etc plus the puddings I made today). Probably (!) open a bottle of wine and relax in the afternoon or go for a walk,

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score