• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Wheezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I wonder if any one could offer me some advice? I have googled and searched this as much as possible but nothing seems to fit our situtation quite right.

I have three piggies and one of my females, Beth has started to wheeze. She has always had a little wheeze and she usually coughs and it shifts the problem and goes away.

However today she has been a lot more 'vocal'. I am aware of the chances of and URTI but she in herself seem so well. Shes been running around the floor today with her friends with no problems at all! Popcorning everywhere! Eating, drinking normally and being her normal self. So I'm not convinced of an infection.

Could this maybe be Hayfever?

Or could anyone here advise of another problem?

Any help would be greatfully received!

Thank you Hannah

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I have a piggy with what is effectively Hay Fever. Have you noticed if it is certain times that she is worse? George makes a kind of hooting sound. I clean his house out every day usually but on the odd occasion I miss a day he starts hooting. Also when I've been dusting and hoovering the room.
He has Homeo Pet Nose Relief which you can buy from Vet Uk. This helps to clear up his congestion.

piglet_and_rogers_mama

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i have a similar situation, my pigs are healthy except for sneezing. active, happy, eating, drinking, no discharge and no weight loss...but sneezing! i think it's allergies, spring has sprung :)

Reaction score
Thank you!
I feel a reassured! I will make sure her environment is as dust free as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.