when are guinea pigs fully grown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea pigs <3

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything (sorry if this has already been covered and i've just been a bit blind!)

I was just wondering roughly at what age are guinea pigs fully grown? Mine are 3 months now and have grown quite a lot but i'm hoping they will get a bit bigger!

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was just wondering roughly at what age are guinea pigs fully grown? Mine are 3 months now and have grown quite a lot but i'm hoping they will get a bit bigger!

They will defiantly get bigger if they're only 3 months :) When they do get about 9 months old, their growing slows down a lot, but will continue a bit more. :)

Guinea pigs <3

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Very useful to know! Dottie is quite big already, she is going to be a big girl :))

Mabel is quite petite compared to her! Do you find they vary in size between breeds?

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They can vary quite a lot, just from pig to pig, depending on how big their parents were and all. :)

I have one pig who's 13 months now, and he's still quite small, but his mother is small and she had him very young (she was pregnant when I got her!) so I think he'll stay small but maybe get a bit bigger, he's still growing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.