• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Where did you find The Guinea Pig Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
When The Guinea Pig Forum opened in January, I advertised the forum everywhere possible and tried to contact as many guinea pig lovers as possible

We have recently had so many people join The Guinea Pig Forum so I was wondering how you all found us? :) - Would be great to hear which is the most popular way of finding this forum :)

Thank you to everybody that has joined. We now have over 310 members and 50,000 posts which is absolutely fantastic. I never thought this forum would be full of such lovely people and dedicated guinea pig/animal lovers :)

anim

I got a link in an email :)

Don't know how but i'm so glad I did :)

I asked on Rabbits United for a guinea pig forum and someone recommended this one :)

someone sent me a link to this forum when I was still actively posting at the pimms pages forum ;)

I always thought it to be a bit crowded there, and also no single mod or admin was responding to me several times asking could we pleeeeeease have more categories than health, photo gallery and general (as in like you have it here, housing, food, etc) so I just thought sod it I am just leaving to go to the more organised forum :)

I was looking everywhere for a forum dedicated to guineapigs and animal lovers, and just nice people to chat with. I came across Pimms Pages, and posted a few times, but I never found it 'that' friendly. Then I got a PM about this website, came across and have never been back to Pimms pages since! hehe

I agree with Abnoba - this site is much more organised and its so much more friendly!

<<Big website hugs!>> ;)

xx

I was invited to join by Kate (starshine)

It's great to have so many other piggy mad folks to chat with :D And nice to put faces to names and do worthwhile things for the more unfortunate animals out there!

I was sent an e-mail and Deb told me if was a great place to be. I'm so glad I joined :)

I found that link on GPW, and decided to join :) But I do still post there though.

Beks and Kate made me come! ;D
I have to admit that it is certainly the friendliest forum I have been on. I hate fourms where you cant give opinions on things without being shot down in flames ::) Another forum I am a member of only likes you posting if you are agreeng with the people that 'own' it! :o
Ellie, is it you that runs this forum? If so I would just like to say you are doing a great job! ;)

Starflick said:
Ellie, is it you that runs this forum? If so I would just like to say you are doing a great job! ;)

Thanks Starflick, I started the forum in Jan 2006 then asked Kate to become a global moderator when the forum started. In August 2006, we had Susie from Barmy 4 Boars also join us as a global moderator on the forum. My boyfriend Luke is the one who finds new features added to the forum and lots of other bits too!

I would love to spend more time on the forum and not become an admin that doesn't ever post or get involved however recently this has been quite hard as I have just started this college course. I can't mess this college course up as it costs £437 to do!! I promise to make sure I post as much as I can on this forum and will respond to any questions e.t.c. asap.

i think i found it through yahoo search engine when looking for piggie forums!

Would think alot of your new ones are coming from guinea pig rehome?

maxthepig said:
Would think alot of your new ones are coming from guinea pig rehome?

Probably which is great :) - The more piggie lovers, the better! anim

I was invited to join by email.

It's a great site and one that I will recommend. One of the few guinea sites that genuinely cares and promotes guinea welfare. Many lovely caring members too :)

Barbara

I came across the Forum by accident - just searching for something to do with guineas, probably hutches. I'm obsessed with guinea-pig hutches! Much better than looking at clothes.

Great site, easy to get hooked ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back