• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Where do you buy your Fitch?

piggles 7000

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is it best to go to the website or can you find Fitch elsewhere at a better price?I go through quite a lot and am trying to find the best possible price
Thanks

I have stopped using Fitch due to the enormous increase in price. I live in Manchester and would go to their site in Stalybridge to collect it. Sadly, they have decided that as demand has increased they can up the price and people will still pay. The cost of 20kg has doubled in the last year

I now use shredded egg tray bedding from Pet Bedding UK, they are in Northwich and if you collect it costs £8 for a large bale. It is very absorbent and soft enough for my skinny pigs.

Hopefully the cost of this will stay sensible.

I have stopped using Fitch due to the enormous increase in price. I live in Manchester and would go to their site in Stalybridge to collect it. Sadly, they have decided that as demand has increased they can up the price and people will still pay. The cost of 20kg has doubled in the last year

I now use shredded egg tray bedding from Pet Bedding UK, they are in Northwich and if you collect it costs £8 for a large bale. It is very absorbent and soft enough for my skinny pigs.

Hopefully the cost of this will stay sensible.
This is the same for me. Shredded egg tray bedding is a life saver for us using paper bedding. 👍👍

Oh thankyou for this!I didn't know about Pet Bedding Uk.Sounds really good.I will investigate.

I have also noticed the price hike in Fitch... I only use it in my hay trays but the cost is getting a bit much.. will look into the egg tray bedding!

Looks good... have you had any egg residue on it? Says it may contain it on the website..
I haven't had any (yet) and hopefully never. Although my first order a few months ago had some chicken feathers but it's easy enough to remove.

I haven't had any (yet) and hopefully never. Although my first order a few months ago had some chicken feathers but it's easy enough to remove.
Thanks.. I might try this next time then!

i recently used teabag bedding,but i found it became a soggy mess within 3 days ! the egg cardboard bedding is much better,soft and absorbent.!
I am defo gonna try the egg bedding... I only use it in the hay tray which i change twice a day so should be great and cheaper!

UP-DATE - I purchased a bag of that Egg Tray stuff and its actually good! (I only use it in the bottom of the hay tray not in the c&c cage). Quite soft - i thought it might be a bit hard but it's not ... and a lot cheaper than fitch ( which i did love but the price was getting silly )...

Hi, is there anywhere online that supplies this bedding? I too am using Fitch and I’ve found the quality of it over the last year has declined and it most certainly has doubled in price!

Hi, is there anywhere online that supplies this bedding? I too am using Fitch and I’ve found the quality of it over the last year has declined and it most certainly has doubled in price!
do you mean Fitch or something else?

Something other than Fitch as I’m getting through 10kg a month for only 2 cages.

Pet Bedding UK deliver but I'm not sure of the cost as we collect directly from them.
I have also just bought a bale of his hay to try.

Back