• Potential Forum Meet - Manchester Saturday March 2nd Details here!.
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.
  • As from Wednesday, 30th January, Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic will be relocating to 1 The Drive, Northampton, NN1 4RY

Where do you get yours from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beks

Teenage Guinea Pig
Hi All,

I've found just lately my local farms' hay bales are more straw like and so not very nice for the pigs. Where do you all source yours from? I want to find something nicer so thought I would ask folks how/where/how much etc? I know obviously people are spread across the country and further, but even websites etc would be appreciated if you know of any.

Thanks all! :)

lolseh

I get mine from the petshop. The latest one I've been getting is abig bag of medow hay. It has a white and green lable. Only thing that I don't like about it is that when it comes to the end its more like bits of junk at the bottom.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
I've got the Devonshire hay from the hay experts online, it's dust extracted which is good for us as my OH has less hayfever problems with it.

mines from a farmer on the island he has supplied my hay for years, I keep it in a spare shed fresh meadow hay cannot be beaten and it smells summerey in winter as well,

C

cavykind

I have bought mine from a local farm shop for the past couple of years and although the quality does vary, it's pretty good hay.
I also buy from The Hay Experts
Their economy Devon Hay is lovely and the Herbal and Alpine Meadow smells fabulous! Though the latter 2 ares just for a treat as it doesn't go very far here :)

Barbara

B

Beaney

My local pet shop does fantastic meadow hay for bedding so I buy that from there. My piggys love it and it is always so sweet smelling and soft - they go crazy when I top up their boxes with it/do a complete clean out.

All my feed hays come from the Hay Experts - Oxbow Timothy, Oxbow Orchard Grass and Simply Grass seem to be the faves at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.