• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Where I can buy a replacement ramp for my guineapig cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've looked everywhere I can think of online and in shops trying to buy a ramp for my guinea pig cage, does anyone know anywhere I can get a replacement.
Thanks

Thanks :) I've been on ebay but didn't think to type that in! I'll get my OH to check it later, then hopefully sometime SOON rolleyes he can add sides onto it x

Make one!

B&Q, plank of wood for about a fiver, and one carpet tile

Take saw, cut wood to right length

Apply carpet on ramp as it is simply the best thing for piggies to grip on, loads better than just raised bits on the ramp.

Attach with hinges or fit in the old gap if you have one/cut it right

And to be really posh, make a 'bannister' from clear corrugated plastic

Voila!

Make one!

B&Q, plank of wood for about a fiver, and one carpet tile

Take saw, cut wood to right length

Apply carpet on ramp as it is simply the best thing for piggies to grip on, loads better than just raised bits on the ramp.

Attach with hinges or fit in the old gap if you have one/cut it right

And to be really posh, make a 'bannister' from clear corrugated plastic

Voila!

My OH made one pretty similar to what you're suggesting :)

My OH made one pretty similar to what you're suggesting :)

I had great fun making mine (although Mummy DoeyL was not impressed that I accidently sawed part of our garden bench off...do not use a garden bench to rest your wood on...)

I had great fun making mine (although Mummy DoeyL was not impressed that I accidently sawed part of our garden bench off...do not use a garden bench to rest your wood on...)

I used my garden bench, it was a hard task but I made my own ramp. Dad (who made the run our rabbit was in years ago) is going to help me fix it securely to the hutch - the new floor I put in hasnt got a hole in yet so dont panic that they can fall down the hole where the ramp is.

I did however accidently take a chunk of paint off my car when I used it as a work bench chopping the wood down so it would fit in my car to bring home.

I did however accidently take a chunk of paint off my car when I used it as a work bench chopping the wood down so it would fit in my car to bring home.

Classic, glad I am not the only person who manages to destroy things doing simple DIY tasks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back