• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

whine whine whine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
AS most of you know my lucy is blind.. But she constantly, I mean CONSTANTLY whines.. lol.. sorry for caps.. She is always whining/moaning.. I guess that is just normal for her being blind of what?

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
her friend is a few feet from her (still seperated) but working on it, slow process

Bailey

Why do you keep putting them together & then splitting them up? That's probably why she is whining, she knows he's there so wants to be with him.

If it's been long enough since his neuter & they aren't fighting then put them together and keep them together.

:{:{

Wiebke

Staff member
She is whining to get to him! As soon as Buddy has finished his wait, then you can put them together for good.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Why do you keep putting them together & then splitting them up? That's probably why she is whining, she knows he's there so wants to be with him.

If it's been long enough since his neuter & they aren't fighting then put them together and keep them together.

:{:{
I was told to not throw themn together full blast.. Even when they are together its constant whining, They were together for 2 hours last night and she was not quiet one time, constantly making the whining/wimpering sound.. but last night it wasnt loud as it normally was. seemed to be better that is why i dont want them together constantly yet because i dont trust being gone all day at work and them alone, if somethign happens, no one is around to seperate them...

another reason they arent fully together at the moment is he trys to get on her all the time and she constantly is spraying at him and that bothers me because it gets in his face. I'm trying ot get her calmed down enough.

also the whinning is not all because of him, She has been that way since we have had her even before her not seeing him so I'm not 100% sure that its just because of him..

idlewildgirl

Teenage Guinea Pig
if you keep putting them together and then seperating the bonding process starts over again each time, just makes it so much harder

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
no one told me that..

so I'm just supposed to let her whine for hours apon hours then?

I cant risk something happening when I'm not home at work, i will worry to much that something bad has happened... I guess i just worry too much.

Lisajazz

Senior Guinea Pig
You may be worrying too much, I am guilty of this too.

But if your lad is clear after being spayed I would get them together as soon as you get in from work, keep an eye on them all night until bed, and provided no fighting during that time just leave them sort it out. If he's goingto pester and she's sprayingwee in his face he'll soon get the message (a couple of days) but if you seperate and put back together he wont associate it right as he wont remember that it was her who is telling him to back off. As long as there isn't any fighting i'd let them get on with it, even if you feel like intefering don't. They will sort themselves out very quickly indeed, 2 or 3 days I would think - tops.

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Can you try bonding them on your day off? Start early in the morning then you're around to check on them, if they've not drawn blood by bedtime they should be fine.
You do have to start all over again each time you seperate them.
Lisa's right, he'll soon get the message but they have to go through it to work out who's boss and lay the ground rules for a happy relationship.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Thanks to everyone for this insight on the matter! I(m off work friday and will be home all day, that is the day I'm going to put her in all day and see what happens, I will report back.

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Girls whine all the time, well my three girls who live with boys do, the spraying in the face is very normal. I wouldn't imagine this behaviour will ever stop. My boys and their girlsfriends have been together for a year and the boys still try to hump, my girls spay them with urine, to tell them to go away. The boys chase more ongoing saga. rolleyes

Yet in the evening I often see them cuddling up, lying close or grooming one another. One of my boys, dotes on his partner more them some other piggies. If I so much as take her out the cage he gets so upset looking for her!

I have a boy and girl pair that didn't work believe me its farely obvious when it goes wrong. If they are going together for hours on end, I would say chances are they will be fine. MY female attacked her male and they ended up scraping, if you aren't witnessing this behaviour I would say all will be fine, happens very quickly.

Please do get on with it, your not doing them any favours introducing and reintroducing, they won't know if they are coming or going. Good luck for friday!

Ps. he is well over 4 weeks since his neuter? Otherwise don't put them together atall.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Girls whine all the time, well my three girls who live with boys do, the spraying in the face is very normal. I wouldn't imagine this behaviour will ever stop. My boys and their girlsfriends have been together for a year and the boys still try to hump, my girls spay them with urine, to tell them to go away. The boys chase more ongoing saga. rolleyes

Yet in the evening I often see them cuddling up, lying close or grooming one another. One of my boys, dotes on his partner more them some other piggies. If I so much as take her out the cage he gets so upset looking for her!

I have a boy and girl pair that didn't work believe me its farely obvious when it goes wrong. If they are going together for hours on end, I would say chances are they will be fine. MY female attacked her male and they ended up scraping, if you aren't witnessing this behaviour I would say all will be fine, happens very quickly.

Please do get on with it, your not doing them any favours introducing and reintroducing, they won't know if they are coming or going. Good luck for friday!

Ps. he is well over 4 weeks since his neuter? Otherwise don't put them together atall.
Thank you!

Yes it has been over 4 weeks he is free and clear from it.. :) if she is in season more or less will she give into his actions?

helen105281

Forum Donator 2017/18
My girls still spray Johnny sometimes, the other day Millie srayed him, missed completely and Jess ended up with it. It's normal behaviour.

Lisajazz

Senior Guinea Pig
Thank you!

Yes it has been over 4 weeks he is free and clear from it.. :) if she is in season more or less will she give into his actions?
more likely but not guaranteed and there will still be chasing and spraying! If its over 4 weeks then just go for it, sit on your hands and as long as they don'tfight leave them to it!

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
look at my new thread for new video please! help with the video and my comments..

mumto4GP

They will be fine. When i put my boy in with my 3 girls after his op, he chased etc and they made lots of noise and sprayed wee in his face but he is male so wont give up lol. Its normal. He still does it now after 6 months and yes one of my girls does give in to his actions, but its over in seconds and she just carries in eating. The other 2 dont give in because they are older and have had litters so they know what it entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.