• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White wee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My guineapigs, no idea which one is wee'ing like a creamy white wee... it's not sticky i don't know... x

aha, okay! I freak out over things... I never had piggies before now and they weren't something I bought or planned, so... I get worried

White pee is normal - it only means that excess calcium is secreted. The pee will dry into a white, powdery deposit. Sometimes, you can find white speckled poo when a piggy peed onto them. rolleyes

White pee is normal - it only means that excess calcium is secreted. The pee will dry into a white, powdery deposit. Sometimes, you can find white speckled poo when a piggy peed onto them. rolleyes

lol I thought they had like a problem or something cause if we had white pee it would be bad lol : | I'm sucha fail! Thanks for the commenting though... i'm like a nervous mother...

xx

dont be daft, if you dont ask you never learn, i think its great that you obviously care so much and are interested in their welfare x xx>>>

:) I can't tell if they're "squeaking happy" or "squeaking scared".... I just cleaned them out and put a big bundle of hay in, the boys were popcorning but all I can hear is squeaks coming from the room next to me! LOL

thanks Honey, if I didnt' love them I wouldn't have them. I don't think it's fair to keep an animal you don't love - other than a husband - I think they know and can sense it! I feel like it would impair their lives... xx

:) I can't tell if they're "squeaking happy" or "squeaking scared".... I just cleaned them out and put a big bundle of hay in, the boys were popcorning but all I can hear is squeaks coming from the room next to me! LOL

thanks Honey, if I didnt' love them I wouldn't have them. I don't think it's fair to keep an animal you don't love - other than a husband - I think they know and can sense it! I feel like it would impair their lives... xx

You "learn" piggy speak and the ins and outs over time... And new things about them for as long as you have them!

We are here for new owners to ask - frankly, I'd rather have somebody asking too much that than somebody who turns up only when their piggies are already nearly past mending! mallethead

Here are some sound bites that can help you:
http://www.jackiesguineapiggies.com/guineapigsounds.html

Hiya,

I've had the same thing, (well, not me personally LOL), but only noticed it since we had Dotty in May. Never seen it before, so thought it couldn't be Maisy.

I was reassured by Wiebke and a few other members that it was normal. :)

Don't worry about being or feeling nervous, I'm the same too. Always worrying in my mind and out loud too. I dunno, what are we like eh, lol?

Don't worry. :)

Beth xx

hehe, thanks Beth and Wiebke!

It's like: They can't tell you, like with words only squeaks so you have to learn it or you'll never know :( x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back