Who are your guinea pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowstarsx

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I thought it would be a lovely idea if everyone introduced your guinea pigs, talking about their personalities and crazy habits :p
I'd love to see how individual the piggies can be!

I currently own 4 male guineas, 2 at 5 months and 2 at around 2 months.

guineapiggies.jpg

There's Stefan who is the alpha, he's very boisterous and bullies all the others but then likes to take care of them all as well. He's extremely cheeky and loves having a nose at what you're up to.

Damon who is such a lovely gentle boy. He adores having cuddles and repays me by licking me, especially my fingers and hands! He loves hiding and cuddling up to my Eddie.

Cookie is very timid. He runs around the cage and it terrible to catch but once you do, he cuddles into your arms and stays there for hours.

Eddie is very cheeky. He likes to have a nip of your fingers and you're stroking him. He popcorns all the time and is always chasing everyone around!

So these are my piggies, can't wait to hear about yours! :)) x>>

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Here are my four! x)

182624_155220441199738_100001353501097_265895_4863281_n.jpg

Matilda is such a good little girl she makes sure every piggy is happy, when I had the group of 6 she always used to check on the piggy that was in the corner by herself. Shes got a very bold character and very loving!xoxo

Lilee my favourite shes just one big lump that loves cuddles and food, shes the boss and no one will ever challange her to that. However her description was "evil and nasty" how sad shes a perfect snuggle piggy, I love her so much and she's the best out of my lotx)

Haribo the shy boy who isn't sure on who he is yet but he is a ladies man he is often up next to the girls cage to see how they are, he is just finding his little voice and my goodness its loud! :))

Madison my popcorn crazy girl even a little bit of hay or food will set her off, she is in love with Lilee and is always snuggled up to her, shes Matilda's sister and from certain views they look like little twins! She is always at the centre of trouble though:(|)

Reaction score
Hi :)

I have Matilda, Nancy and Briony, they are all about 12 days old, stopped counting when little Angel went to sleep, but its about right (born 18th Feb)

They are the bounciest poppiest piggies I have ever seen.

Jonesy is their mum, a quiet soul who likes cuddles. Harold, big and bushy, who has just been neutered (poor lil guy - he doesnt look impressed) is thw biggest character, can throw you the evils one minute but is your best friend if he hears the greens bag rustling and Wanda, a rescue piggy, who is a bit fat and very grumpy.

BellasMummy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can't add pics at the moment but I have 2 girl piggies they are sisters-
Phoebe, she is so gentle and loving. She loves a cuddle and loves to stick her nose in the air which is the cutest thing. She loves her food :)
Paislee, she is possibly more shy than her sister but is extremely gentle and loving. She appreciated a cuddle but only when she really wants one, otherwise she makes a bit of a fuss! She also loves her food :)

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have Lentil whom I dont know how old he is but I reckon he is coming up for a year old :) He is an extremely grumpy looking guinea pig and seems to like having dandruffy skin (which is dealt with). He is currently living with Jake (since Hector has died) and hopefully he won't decide to beat up poor Jakey like he did with poor Bounty. He may be grumpy looking but he is a loving ginger guinea pig really and loves having his head tickled.
163143_10150338597490618_567590617_15717007_8128625_n.jpg

167968_10150389631060618_567590617_16656282_7281532_n.jpg

180746_10150410930565618_567590617_16952435_8267931_n.jpg

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I also have Jake who is three years old tomorrow :o bless him. He did live with his brother Hector - but sadly Hector died on 7th Feb 2011 :(. Jake is a very lazy pig and enjoying lying around and eating and pooping. He is my favourite snuggler pig as he doesn't tend to move about. He does get Impaction (poor guy) but luckily not often. He also has a bit of a cauliflower penis that needs cleaning at times.
150806_10150335922735618_567590617_15681381_3329716_n.jpg

179380_10150383605555618_567590617_16560603_1739534_n.jpg

5413_252266185617_567590617_8189929_7143361_n.jpg

(baby Jakey)

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Last but not least is Bounty who I rescued from the RSPCA and I got him off Tillythepig :) He turned 5 months old on the 25th Feb. He was living with Lentil when I first got him but then after a month Lentil decided to attack the poor fella twice but luckily Bounty wasn't injured and I managed to get Lentil off him - and now Lentil has pure hatred for him.
Bounty is a very lively fella and never stops squeaking! he is actually always talking! He is very lovely though and getting more and more tame and once he is older I shall look to get him a new boarfriend :)
168233_10150370308735618_567590617_16353581_6765500_n.jpg

167698_10150370308295618_567590617_16353573_6577652_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150410912235618&comments

Gracie01

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Okie dokie!

[*]BOYS:[/*]
Genghis - approx 2 years old. Genghis is a mummies boy. Loves a good ear rub and a cuddle. Hes a very happy piggy, who likes showing off and popcorning, and eats every vegetable given to him. Oh, and loves exploring!
DSC07068.jpg

Wibble and Wobble - approx 4 and a half years old. Wibble is very energetic and loves running round the floor, he is also quite cheeky. Wobble is lazy and very noisey! They are brothers, but do not live together.Their weight has to be managed due to both having twisted spines. Wibble also has a permanent head tilt.
DSC08984.jpg

Gracie01

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
GIRLS:

Molly and Polly. Molly is 5 years old. Polly is approx 2 years old. Molly is my oldest piggy and is very special. She is a small piggy. She is very excitable and has to do a lap of the food bowl before she eats. She also loves piggy company, and although she like to be boss she also looks after her piggy friends. Polly was left at a vets, annd passed on to me via a friend. She is shy but loves snuggles.
DSC06872.jpg

Skittles, Chequers (aka Cheq) and Marmite. Skittles and Cheq are approx 2 years old. Marmite is my baby piggy. Skittles is always first to the door for food, and head rubs. She is very vocal. Cheq is very quiet, shy and I do find that i have to "Cheq" she hasn't escaped. Cheq loves having Marmite housed with her and Skittles. Marmite is my baby piggy and thinks shes the boss. She likes to push Skittles and Cheq out the way of food.
DSC07064.jpg
Pic of Cheq and Skittles

DSC08824.jpg
Pic of Marmite

Reaction score
Hi I have morgan and lilly, soo cute, so a boar and a sow and they are both rescued but i got to change lillys name because he original name was Rainbow Love! So i decided to change it to lilly,besides it suits her better! They both have lovely little characters, Morgan being the boss obviously and chattering away to him self! Showing off to lilly! x

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had so many piggies, eighteen total! So rather than bore everyone with all eighteen piggies personalities, I'll talk about Nibbles, because she had the most unusual attitude :))

Nibbles was a tiny little piggy, that all the piggies (and the cat!) feared! :)) She would only get along with my piggy Josephine. She once attacked a vacuum cleaner! She was not very nice to strangers, and seemed to like me best. Her favorite sound to make was chattering her teeth. She was really tough too! She lived to be a very good age, even though she had a stroke a few months before she died.

She didn't like cameras very much either :))
IMG_2007_1-1.jpg

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
DSCF4709-1.jpg

My boys have been thick as thieves since babies, and well they remind me of my brother and I when we were kids :)

When we first got the boys, Harvey was a shy boy and Artie was very bold brave and fearless thats how he got the name Arthur, and he proved to be our little soldier in the following weeks. Arthur became very sick with an URI and eye infection , he was hand fed and was seperated from Harvey. The cages were placed next to one another, and Harvey chose to sleep on the ledge on his cage so he could see Artie, and watch over him.
In those weeks Artie really lost his confidence, and become very shy and scared. However once back with his brother, Harvey took on the role as his protector, always checking first whether the coast was clear, dragging veggies back to their hidey hole so Artie didnt have to come out.

As the months went by their personalities really shined, Harvey became michievous and whatever he was doing Arthur had to do too...like finding his way down the back of the dryer Artie had to do too! Harvey also learnt how to escape out of his pen by jumping onto of his hidey and out into the nettle patch (quickly followed by Arthur)!

Now the boys do everything together, whether thats arguing who gets first pick of the hay pile to cuddling up together in their cosies.

Harvey is the inquistive one, always ready to try out new things and explore. He is also very difficult to photograph! :)) Harvey is friendly and loves sitting on your foot, he's also cheeky and helps himself to the veggie tray...Harvey is vocal, and cheeps!

Artie although shy, is very loving and will happily do anything for a veggie or two, he's careful and enjoys watching me clean the hutch making sure I'm doing a good enough job! Arthur also enjoys watching the telly, and popcorning!

Harvey and Artie sharing a secret:
Awwwwsecrets.jpg

Eating together:
cuddlemunching2.jpg

Sharing a seat next to each other:
ournewseat.jpg

Playing piggie trains:
followtheleader.jpg

Last edited:

gizmo01

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my trio of trouble makers you have seen from the pics we have
Gizmo The tempremantal Cantankerous yet quiet thoughtful one

Piglet The Cute Apparantly ADD suffering cute peoples champion pig.

Rocky The stroppy unforgiving tellsithowheseesit type of pig

Abi_nurse

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awesome and beautiful piggies you all have x)

30102010229.jpg

The Girlies (Left to right)
Dill Definatly the alpha female of the gang, likes a snuggle but prefers to stay in bed, and see off everyone else. No ones allowed in Dills bed when shes in there.
Rocket: My most snuggly loving piggie. Ive never met a pig like her, shes snuggles under my chin, gives me kisses and falls asleep on my lap.
Sage: Delicate but cheeky little girl, i usually find her crashed out on the hay snoozing. Shes v snuggly and loves my cat toffee and everyone else.
Pickle: A little bit of a madam although she is beginning to calm down a little now. She tends to alway poo (loads) when out on my lap. Likes to be a drama queen and make silly squeals if shes not getting her way
Parsley: Chunky little girl, loves her dinner and usually polishes off the leftovers (if any). She loves a good chatter while out and about and having cuddles.

04022011117.jpg

Polo
Turned out to be a right dude and a lady charmer. Doesnt have any mannors though i dont think he learned any in his old home. Tends to wee wherever he is. But certainly is a happy boy and loves to chatter away to himself

23012011100.jpg

Little Miss and Onion (left to right)
Little Miss- shes a little madam and v noisey. Loves to scream and wheek at anything. If Onion breathes on her i wouldnt be surprised if she wheeked. Shes so so happy tho. Popcorns so much she bounces into the cage sides, hay rack, iglu etc. Shes mega happy.
Onion - Shes like a little watch piggie, always knows whats going on and watches over her mum. Love to have a good snuggle up with her mum and always knows when your upset or need some love.

01032011161.jpg

Peter
Only just got the little chap, but hes very cuddly, hates to be caught but loves to popcorn, run around his cage and burrow in the hay. :)

x

Last edited:

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, here's my lot too....

Pippa is my dominant girl and in charge of everyone, but rules with a gentle paw until crossed. You'd never actually know she was in charge really as she lets the others do pretty much as they please, even as far as taking food from her though. That is until she's crossed or challenged and then she quickly reminds everyone who wears the trousers!

She's an inqusitive girl and likes her own space. She is probably closest to Willow

IMG_0539-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Willow is Pippa's second in command and as they've got older they've got closer (they were bought together) and will even share the same hidey.
Willow is my chill out girl and although she hates being picked up, she will soon settle down and seems to melt into your lap.

She isn't really a fan of playtime and seems to prefer to find a comfy place to settle for a nap

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_00412.jpg

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Pixel is the youngest of the Big Girls and can be skittish. She's a bit of a nibbler when being held and quickly gets bored of cuddles.

She is quite smart though and pretty adventurous considering she's lowest ranking in the group. She seems to be very fond of Boris

DSC_00292-1.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

Boris is a happy go lucky chap who's favourite pastimes are popcorning and rumbling at the girls. He loves an adventure, especially if it involves checking out the kitchen. He is a very cuddly boy who loves a good fuss.

He is very rarely on his own and is always by one girl or another

DSC_0001.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

Marmite is the youngest of my pigs at just a couple of months old. She is growing very fast and is developing into a bit of a character. She is very brave and toured the whole living room on her own (as well as discovering the stairs). She seems to adore cuddles and will lay at full-stretch on your chest for hours if you let her. She loves to popcorn and run laps round her pen. She has not yet met the Big Pigs due to her ongoing URI which appears to finally be clearing up (finger's crossed!)

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

(sorry for the same pics of Marmite you've seen before - must take some more at weekend!)

Loving reading about everyone's pigs and seeing your pics. Love how different in character they all are!

Last edited:

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is biscuit a saffron/ginger colour smooth coated boar:))

He loves to some and perch on the bars when I open his cage and wait to take some veg! He is quite bossy to his cage mate and will tap them out the way with his foot to get the food!
SP_A2106.jpg

This is Millie (left) my peruvian and pumpkin my agouti rex.

Millie is very sweet natured, and confident she will let me stroke her head and will be confident asking for food. Pumpkin is quieter and shy and a bit skittish, hates being held.
SNC00446.jpg

This is lupin my lilac and saffron rex, she is the loudest wheeker! and is fairly confident she will let me stroke her head, but she can be a little nippy when handled sometimes!
SNC00410.jpg

These are Millie's three babies, sparkle (white) marble and feather.

The boy is feather he is sweet and he llives with biscuit, he is confident around his new friend.

Sparkle and marble the girls live with millie and they are quite shy, sparkle is the shyist one.

SNC00635.jpg

Reaction score
These are my boys, Toffee and Squeek.

DSCN0037.jpg

Toffee is the small one, and just turned 3 months old. He is the bold one, and loves to explore. He is not scared of much, and will always come up to the bars to see what I have in my hands.
He loves to popcorn, and will popcorn for anything.
He loves to tease Squeek, and will always want the food in Squeek's mouth, even though there is a lot in their bowl, he wants What Squeek is having.

DSCN0042.jpg

Squeek is my fatty piggy. He is a lump of Love. He loves chin rubs, and is a real pushover. He is top pig at the moment. He lets Toffee get away with murder, and rarely rumblestruts or humps Toffee. He is a soft natured boy.
Squeek is a Peruvian, but likes to barber himself, he has a tuft of hair on his bum, that he does not barber, the rest has to go. He has his own idea of what his hairstyle should look like.

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Reaction score
haha this thread is awesome! My turn :))

p1000535m.jpg

Pickles is approximately 6 weeks now (I believe) and he was very scared at first and he was sick but not anymore! He is very happy! He loves to explore and climb on people (when I sit on the floor, he will climb on my shoulder and knees).

He popcorns when he gets his free time everyday and sometimes he does it in his cage too! He likes cuddling and he always purrs. He squeaks a lot too when it's veggie time! He is not scared of being picked up (he doesn't go away or anything) although he doesn't like it too much :D .

He loves his hammock and loves tunnels. His favorite food is dandelion and chicory. He also likes carrots, apples and bananas but less!

Status
Not open for further replies.