• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Who Here Is A Vegetarian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm a vegetarian because I don't think it's right to eat animals. Reply if you are. And please remember I am not pressuring anybody to become a veggie.

P

piggyfan

I have been one for thirteen years although I feel guilty I am not vegan.

PiggieHerd

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
I'm a vegetarian not for ethical reasons just for a health reason. I'd like to be vegan, but i like my chocolate cake and vegan chocolate cake doesn't taste the same.

P

piggyfan

I never used to feel bad but I hear a lot of vegans say vegetarians dont really care about animals and it upsets me as I really do care.

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm not a vegetarian. But I make 100% sure I know exactly where my meat comes from, and I make sure its had the best life it could before hand and that the place has catered to all the animals natural abilities. For example I try not to eat chicken from barns or cages, it must be barn free and have access to outside etc. And the same goes to all the other animals. But chickens are mostly the ones kept in bad conditions, even in the UK.
I dont really eat mean when I go out as I cant be certain where it has come from.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Me, and same as piggyfan , feel guilty i'm not vegan, and that I even failed miserably at veganuary....
a-b-cheese_c_342873.jpg
......unfortunately.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know @piggyfan and @Coco&Luna I have seen that on the internet and I do care about animals that is why I'm a vegetarian but where I shop the don't sell soya milk but if it is there I do get it because it tastes delicious.

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I never used to feel bad but I hear a lot of vegans say vegetarians dont really care about animals and it upsets me as I really do care.

Please don't feel bad. I admire anyone who can manage to be a vegetarian.

I confess that I do eat meat BUT I care 100% about animal welfare.

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm not a vegetarian. But I make 100% sure I know exactly where my meat comes from, and I make sure its had the best life it could before hand and that the place has catered to all the animals natural abilities. For example I try not to eat chicken from barns or cages, it must be barn free and have access to outside etc. And the same goes to all the other animals. But chickens are mostly the ones kept in bad conditions, even in the UK.
I dont really eat mean when I go out as I cant be certain where it has come from.
:agr:

Reactions: A&T
P

piggyfan

It really gets to me the thinking we do not care because we are not vegan. I am now so nervous to say I am vegetarian in case people ask why I am not vegan.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was vegetarian for a long time. But my weight kept tiptoeing down and down... I'm petite anyway so this became a worry for everyone.

I blame myself though. I think I ate the wrong types of food. I'm willing to give it another good go once I'm more settled down and my weight has increased further.

P

piggyfan

I was vegetarian for a long time. But my weight kept tiptoeing down and down... I'm petite anyway so this became a worry for everyone.

I blame myself though. I think I ate the wrong types of food. I'm willing to give it another good go once I'm more settled down and my weight has increased further.
You have an amazing figure. I would love to look like you.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You have an amazing figure. I would love to look like you.
Wow you're too kind!
The picture was a recent one so my weight has climbed up again. I was very slim two years ago, to the point where my boyfriend was worried, (and he doesn't worry about anything!). I'm happier with how I am now, although I still hope to gain a little more. As long as I'm happy and healthy that's the main thing! I'm doing more and more research into ways to be vegetarian and keep my weight steady. :)

P

piggyfan

Wow you're too kind!
The picture was a recent one so my weight has climbed up again. I was very slim two years ago, to the point where my boyfriend was worried, (and he doesn't worry about anything!). I'm happier with how I am now, although I still hope to gain a little more. As long as I'm happy and healthy that's the main thing! I'm doing more and more research into ways to be vegetarian and keep my weight steady. :)
As soon as I saw your photo in the dress I just thought you looked great. I'm glad you are no longer underweight. That would be concerning.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As soon as I saw your photo in the dress I just thought you looked great. I'm glad you are no longer underweight. That would be concerning.
Thank you very much. I'm rubbish with compliments.. :P But really, thank you.

Does anyone have any favourite vegetarian meal ideas? :)

Claire W

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I've been a vegetarian for 22 years. I was a vegan for two months but as I was so young at the time, my parents made me stop and I just couldn't stick to it although I know that veganism is much easier with healthier meal option compared to how it was back then.

I will probably be slated for this but I would just like to point out that I know a fair few animal lovers who still choose to eat meat. I don't think it is fair to say that all meat eaters do not care for animals, my parents for example are currently looking after my guinea pigs as a huge favour to me and my mum especially adores them but they are both meat eaters but that's just my personal opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.