who watches MONK on tv ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I saw it one afternoon and told the kids how funny he was so they found it on sky at 8pm every week day evening, they go mad if they miss it, the man is so funny he cracks me up, going to miss it tonight as I'm going bowling, sister in law is down from London for a few days,

P

princessguinea

can someone refresh my memory and tell me what this show is about? it sounds awfully familiar, like they showed it at the states over here.

Reaction score
he is an american ex police officer whos wife was murdered in a car bomb and he cracked up big time he got dismissed from the police but is amazing in how he finds clues etc, he suffers with OCD big time and has to have a nurse Sharona who has a son called Benji she minds him like a child stopping him getting into mischief while helping him with the clues, he has to wipe his hands after anyone touches him, he is hysterical, my kids adore him, and want me to be a nut case like him so they have some fun with me , evil little monsters its a brilliant programme, cant wait to find the dvds it will keep the kids quite for hours lol

P

princessguinea

oh..okay thanks for the summery.
then i dont know this show. there was a show over here called monk but it was something else and then got cancelled.

StephieAck

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Monk is a cool show, I dont watch it all of the time but when I do watch it I like it.
My only issue with it is the way that they put his OCD up for laughs and comedic value.
They may be trying to do it to make the subject more accessible, but as someone who suffers with OCD's myself, then I dont like that theyre using it to get laughs, yes ok, sometimes you HAVE to laugh at yourself on some parts of it, because the compulsions are sooo rediculous that you have to laugh or you'll cry.
Some days for people with OCD spend alot of most days simply battling their compulsions.
The amusing part in the show is that he blatantly gives in to his compulsions, how I wish we could all do that without being called mental!
Anyway, basically, its a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.