• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why Am I Such A Ditz?

yayoiharuko

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So today we had a speaking test in Japanese.
We had a partner for the test and had to make up a conversation between two students meeting for the first time- say things like: what's your name, whats your major, college, etc.
I was totally prepared. Studied, quizzed myself, everything.
I was there on time.. partner, not so much but whatever.
I felt somewhat confident as I walked in, and as soon as we stood up to start the test, I drew a complete blank. I swear I even forgot how to say my NAME.
It was a disaster..
I haven't reacted like that for a test for a long time. Not since high school, at least.
That and my partner kept saying "baku" (tin) instead of "boku" (I) and some word like "seizaku" which I found out later he meant "sa-zan"(southern.)
After class he just made me feel even worse by saying that "he may have messed up a couple words but at least he didn't forget everything".
I feel like I've let everyone down. My mom, myself, and my friend.

Sorry to hear this. You haven't let anyone down at all. Sometimes things like this just happen.

You know your subject, you just had a bad day. Be kind to yourself. You'll bounce back from this, have a rest, a sleep - don't dwell on what has happened you can't change it. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully where you are the sun is shining. Your next test will be better for sure, just an off day.

I'm sorry, that sounds so stressful. It's not your fault, though, you were so careful in preparing beforehand. Sometimes things like that just happen, and you truly haven't let anyone down. It's okay. Your Mom and friend are still proud of you. Keep up the great work with your studying. :hug:x

Great sound advice from @sport_billy , you’ll soon bounce back :nod: I’m terrible for tests, I go blank and forget everything. It wasn’t a very good attitude for your partner though, they should be there to support you and encourage you to do well, not to demoralise. You’ll be fine, have a hug :) xx

It was obviously important to you. It is all too easy to put yourself under pressure and so get nervous. You clearly have high standards. Be kind to yourself, imagine if a friend had done the same. What would you say to them?

Sorry to hear this. You haven't let anyone down at all. Sometimes things like this just happen.

You know your subject, you just had a bad day. Be kind to yourself. You'll bounce back from this, have a rest, a sleep - don't dwell on what has happened you can't change it. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully where you are the sun is shining. Your next test will be better for sure, just an off day.
Thank you.. you're right. Things happen. It's just difficult for me when school is so important. A lot of college students at my school just blow off a low score like it's nothing, but to me it's everything..
I was tempted to explain to the teacher in an email or in person that I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder and I wouldn't be asking for a repeat or anything, I would just be saying hey.. this is what happened. But that just sounds like I'm relying on it like it's a crutch and I don't want that at all.
I just want to be normal, y'know?
Sorry for the drawn out response.. I really appreciated your lovely reply to my post. And by the way, the sun is out today! :)
And my little bear is looking extra sexy today next to his litter pan.

20180301_135033.jpg

20180301_134133.jpg

Hi. I’m gonna agree with what @sport_billy has said. Maybe your “partner” threw you off -course so to speak. Please don’t dwell on what’s happened today as you haven’t let anyone down. You really mustn’t think you have. Hugs xx :wub:
Thank you for the lovely hugs :hug:
You all have such kind words to say. You and my guineas have both helped me feel better today, that and getting some rest.
I've had so many tests and exams this week it's felt like my heads been spinning. I can't take a nap without stressing. Luckily, today I don't have class so I'm just able to stay at home and spend time with the babies (guineas)
Also, I'm sorry for posting something like this in the general section. I'm sure you guys have way better things to do. As sad as it sounds, I'm a very antisocial person. All the friends I have I've had for a very very long time (10+ years) and most of them have either had kids or are going to college elsewhere. And I wouldn't dare tell my mother that I bombed the Japanese test.
So.. my choices were kind of limited.
Thank you again~:luv:

I'm sorry, that sounds so stressful. It's not your fault, though, you were so careful in preparing beforehand. Sometimes things like that just happen, and you truly haven't let anyone down. It's okay. Your Mom and friend are still proud of you. Keep up the great work with your studying. :hug:x
Thank you so much.. :wub:
Thats so very sweet of you to say. I'll try my very best! :hug:

You just need big cuddles with your piggies! Everything will be ok again then. We all have "off" days, that's why we need pigs. It will be better next time.

Great sound advice from @sport_billy , you’ll soon bounce back :nod: I’m terrible for tests, I go blank and forget everything. It wasn’t a very good attitude for your partner though, they should be there to support you and encourage you to do well, not to demoralise. You’ll be fine, have a hug :) xx
I agree, it was lovely advice!
It sounds so silly, but I have done very well on all of my other japanese tests. But see, none of them were oral til recently. It could have partially been because it was a partner thing.. maybe next time I should just do it solo?
And yes I know.. he can be very harsh. He's from new York, and he has explained to me that he's very sarcastic.. but.. I think there is a time and place for sarcastic friends. At that moment, I really just wanted a hug and some kind words.
Thank you for the hugs :hug:
P.s. these guys should really be in their playpen today by this time.. but they are sleeping so cutely I haven't wanted to move them D;

20180301_140951.jpg

20180301_140756.jpg

20180301_141635.jpg

It was obviously important to you. It is all too easy to put yourself under pressure and so get nervous. You clearly have high standards. Be kind to yourself, imagine if a friend had done the same. What would you say to them?
You're right.. I probably would say that everything is okay and that things would get better.. and not to blame themselves for such little things.
Thank you for your very kind words ^^ :luv:

You just need big cuddles with your piggies! Everything will be ok again then. We all have "off" days, that's why we need pigs. It will be better next time.
So true! But maybe.. after they finish taking a nap hehe ^^
This is the first time Blue has felt comfortable enough to really get in his bed and sleep with me next to the cage.
Pigs make everything better.

Lovely pictures of the piggies.
Sorry about the test.
It’s an awful feeling when the mind goes completely blank.
Chill with the piggies, take a deep breath and go for it again.

Back