• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

why can mods see our ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kellyspiggies

just wondering why our ip's cme up on the forum why do the mods have to see it?

What is an IP?
If you are talking about IP addresses then Ellie is the only one who sees it neither Kate, kelly or myself can see it.
Michele aka Mrs Mod

Internet provider..

you know where there is a link saying report to moderator, then you can see a number?

That is your computer number - the address of the computer.

i was just wondering, make sure there is no secret spys about lol jk

LOL just like a way to catch you out - say if you made another account to just stir up trouble, then Ellie would know who you are!

It's a bit of a pain though when you have one computer and your family likes to use the forum with their own accounts!

IP's are used by everything, everytime you click on anything internet related you IP will be recorded, whether it be in an email or just a webpage... all forums keep and track them.

For example if someone tried to hack onto someone elses account deliberatly then the IP of who was trying this would be visable and could be reported, the IP address is held by your internet provider. They can pretty much type it in and have all your address name phone number email details up infront of them.

Theres no possible way to spy on anyone with them... mind you everything on the internet is watched and monitored by someone

Lukey basically told you everything about IPs.

All forums on the internet allow administrators to view their members IP address. No IP addresses will be given to anybody else and are kept private from other members.

One of the main reasons for seeing user IPs is to see if people are making multiple accounts however as Kelly said, this can sometimes be a pain if you are using the same forum as somebody else in the house (on the same computer!) If anybody has a situation where they are using the same computer as somebody else when registering, just send me a message so I know that your not making multiple accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back