Why do some people buy pets?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know one of my work colleagues has guinea pigs and I've just bumped into him in the kitchen. He said the weathers great at the moment, means I can just chuck the guinea pigs in the garden all day and forget about them. He then asked if I put mine out. I said that I have a large run so if the weathers nice then they go out for a few hours as long as I'm there to supervise them. He then tried to make out that I was a bad owner, saying do I not realise how much they enjoy it! I said of course I do, but mine are kept indoors so I can't just chuck them out or the difference in temperature can kill them. He said well a little bit of rain won't do them any harm you know and was saying as long as it's not snowing or anything they'd be fine.

Well this just got my back up. I went on to tell him how spring grass is very rich so should only be given in moderation to begin with as it can lead to upset stomachs. His reply was "don't be stupid, they love grass" and said I can't understand how you can let your guinea pigs just run round the house, it makes my skin crawl just thinking about it!

This is coming from the guy who in the past said he wouldn't take them to a vet as they are cheaper to replace and freely admits he hates them grrrr

The Pog Nation

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Give him a kick in the trouser area from The Pog Nation!:(|)

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
what karina said. mallethead stupid man send him to us and we'll all have a go.

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was getting so angry in the end! He was looking at me as though I was some kind of freak for actually caring about my piggies. He even said his neighbors just bought 2 more cos they "forgot about" the ones they did have so they died over winter as they were left out grrrr

I wish I had the space for them as I would have said I'll take them as you clearly can't be bothered with them. He said he hates their hair, it always goes all over so the only time he handles them is to stick them outside

luluhound

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poor piggies, mine are having a lovely time on the lawn at the minute, but will be put in the shed tonight, so they are warm and dry, some people should`nt have animals ..:(:(

Reaction score
Why have a pet if you hate them mallethead what a ......ooh no can't say that on here :x, what a stupid person.
I'd have given him a slap and then poured water over him and said do you like being in the wet, then hide his lunch and ask if he likes being hungry what a jerk!
I hate people like that grrrr

CandyFloss

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can totally sympathise with how you feel.

Theres a guy at my work who told me his kids got fed up with their gerbils so he let them go in a field and got them a rabbit mallethead ......I just found out the other day when I asked about the rabbit that they didnt have it anymore.... he said this time that they took it back to the dog and cat home ..... I'm going to have to believe him although I do have some doubt rolleyes but I think my reaction the last time taught him not to say that to me again !

The only good thing is a while ago he said he was gonna get a piggy to keep with the rabbit and I managed to talk him out of that .... so I guess thats something rolleyes

xx

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That guy sounds so stupid :( Why would you want pets if you hate them, what's the point.

I mean, I don't mind putting guinea pigs out all day, if they have a cosy house to go into, and it's not too cold and they're used to the temperature and used to eating grass and all :) They do love being out on grass, but I don't put them there just to forget about them! mallethead

But I don't like that he said he wouldn't take them to the vet and stuff, that's awful :(

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Where did you bury his body after you killed him Gems?!

There are words I use for people like that but some of the forum have delicate ears, so I will refrain.

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Stupid guy grrrr

Those poor piggies, they shouldn't have to suffer because their owner is an idiot! mallethead

wannabepiggymum

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
there should be some sort of licence scheme & common sense/basic humanity test that people need to sit before they are allowed to have pets...

A family friend (not mine personally) took their Gpig to the vets after it had been dropped by one of their children, suspected broken back. He didn't want to pay for euthanasia and joked that he would do the deed himself "with a rock". It made me sick to my stomach...honestly never been so disgusted with my own race.

I just hope for the piggy's sake that the vets he went to did not allow him to take the piggy away with him..and euth'd the poor darling on humane grounds!

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
there should be some sort of licence scheme & common sense/basic humanity test that people need to sit before they are allowed to have pets...

A family friend (not mine personally) took their Gpig to the vets after it had been dropped by one of their children, suspected broken back. He didn't want to pay for euthanasia and joked that he would do the deed himself "with a rock". It made me sick to my stomach...honestly never been so disgusted with my own race.

I just hope for the piggy's sake that the vets he went to did not allow him to take the piggy away with him..and euth'd the poor darling on humane grounds!
omg sob :0

Fudge and Rainbow :)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
rolleyes Some people! :( My friend doesn't even have a run for her guinea pigs, I will give her my old one once I've upgraded to a bigger size. :)

Have to admit though, I never knew about the spring grass being rich and luckily never had a problem with it.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
totally disgusted :)>>>
i'd have to report him to the RSPCA!
And good on you love for giving him a serve! he :x well deserved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.