• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Why does time go so slowly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
I'm in a bit of a downer today! Though, I have finally made my decision and I am definitely transferring from Worcester back home to Plymouth in June, the time seems to be taking so long to go!
I've only been back here in Worcester for 8 days, and it's another 15 till I'm home again- barely any time I know, but it feels like I have been here forever.
My boyfriend is coming up on Friday till Sunday, so that will help, but it just feels so never ending. I miss everybody so much and just want to be home all the time. Unfortunately at £40 a train ticket, it just can't be done :(
I never have anything to do when I don't have work - I tried getting back into drawing, but I get frustrated because I'm not as good as I was last year, because I haven't drawn in ages. I don't have my SLR camera so can't do photography, and I don't have any money to go out! I'm horseriding once a week, and I think that is the only thing that saves me from going insane! I want to get a job as I miss working, but that will stop me coming home when I want.
It just seems uni life really isn't all it's cracked up to be.... :(
June can't come soon enough!
Sorry, what a whinge! Just need to let it out!

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Hi Jaycee, I am sorry you are feeling a bit down today but it seems very understandable. It can't be easy being away from home when that's the only place you want to be. I hope the time passes quickly for you. Enjoy your weekend with your boyfriend, I am sure he will make you feel better if only for a short time xx

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Sorry to hear that you are still not enjoying uni, at least you only have a short length of time to go until it is xmas holidays and then you will have lots of time to spend with family. Why not volunteer for something in the evening to keep you busy?

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
aww hunni, I am sorry you still dont like it. I hope you have a lovely time with your boyfriend. I really hope the time speeds up for your transfer! I get like that with drawing as well! And I'd be lost without my SLR! I feel so sorry for you. I'm glad you have your horseriding though.Hugs x

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Sorry you dont like it :( Least you have your horseriding - i have two horses but dont see them as much as everyday now as I dont live with my parents anymore and that makes me depressed :( Hope you feel better soon x

Claire W

Forum Donator 2017/18
I am sorry that you are still struggling :( I no it isn't the same thing but me and my hubby live a 2 hour drive from our family and although we see them quite often, I am always counting down the days until we see them again. Thankfully, we are off to Nottingham this afternoon for the weekend :)

When I was at Uni, I never wanted to go home as I enjoyed myself to much which is odd as now I am away from home all the time, I just want to be back there.

I can assure you that once Christmas is out of the way, the time will fly by as you will find yourself busy revising for your exams and the work load will build up.

In the meantime, can you not arrange some evenings in with your housemates such as DVD and games nights? That's what we used to do when we were short on money.

I think it has already been mentioned but volunteering would be a great idea in order for you to get out of the house. That way, you have something to occupy your time and you can still go home when you wish.

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Thanks guys :)

I would love to arrange evenings with my housemates, we used to have DVD nights, but now all they are interested in is going out clubbing, or flirting with the guys in the flat opposite rolleyes Usually at 4am when I'm trying to sleep! I go out occassionally, but if ever I go out with them, they just go off with random guys leaving me by myself! So I tend not to go out with them anymore.
Only 6 days now till I'm back. I just hate the fact that the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is cross another day off my calendar :( Shouldn't be like this! June can't come quick enough, just want to be back at home properly!

helen105281

Forum Donator 2017/18
Big hugs I know how you feel I was like that at uni but luckily was only about 50 minutes away. The housemates going off with random men on a night out thing always used to happen to me too. It wasn't so bad in my second and third years when I was with more likeminded people.

Status
Not open for further replies.