• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why is Blackpool Pleasure Beach so poo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went today and was nearly crying by the end because it was so drab. It was surreal, like stepping back into the mid-90s, it's like nothing has changed since then. :))

and everywhere smells of pee!!

I cant understand why the place is so popular.

Having said that, i live in Morecambe.....no better lol x

Hi
I went with my son in August and we had a fantastic time, i spent all of my holidays as a child in Blackpool and it was nice to go back and take my son, i hadnt been to the pleasure beach in ages. may be I'm sad, to be honest i thought Blackpool as a whole had really improved, ill be going for a week nxt summer, I'm saving my Tesco Vouchers! lol. x

Hi
I went with my son in August and we had a fantastic time, i spent all of my holidays as a child in Blackpool and it was nice to go back and take my son, i hadnt been to the pleasure beach in ages. may be I'm sad, to be honest i thought Blackpool as a whole had really improved, ill be going for a week nxt summer, I'm saving my Tesco Vouchers! lol. x

Hi

Why do posts always go on twice, when you only click the button once?

I havent been to blackpool in over 25 yrs what i remember was the sorry looking donkeys and every other shop sell cheap c**p or fish and chips. saying that about 10 years ago I went to St Ives in Cornwall and had a brilliant time, I went there last year and it had changed for me beyond all recognition, just couldn't get over how many restaurants and cafes had sprung up- no atmosphere at all. I left really saddened by it all

LOL! I went there in the 90s and was initially not very taken by it but I threw myself into the spirit of things and had a great time. Funny Girls was amazing!

oh yes, Funny Girls, havent been there for years! And, in my prime :red i used to go the the Palace nightclub which had this really mad dancefloor that moved?!

Hi

I agree with you xx
We went in october and had a ball....
I think you either love blackpool or dislike it !
here are some pic's of our wee holiday ........
blackpool2010036.jpg

blackpool2010034.jpg

blackpool2010060.jpg

blackpool2010043.jpg

blackpool2010008.jpg

blackpool2010040.jpg

It was like going back to see an old friend for me, i think Blackpool did go down hill a few years ago and we hadnt been for about 4 years but i was pleasantly surprised by how much it had improved, wax works was good and the Tower and Circus was fab, i spent a small fortune while i was there, all worth while! We do like to try different places and there are some lovely places to visit, thing is with Blackpool as well, if it rains, theres still plenty to do.
Were going back to Florida again nxt October but I'm still looking forward to my visit to Blackpool in the summer. x

It was like going back to see an old friend for me, i think Blackpool did go down hill a few years ago and we hadnt been for about 4 years but i was pleasantly surprised by how much it had improved, wax works was good and the Tower and Circus was fab, i spent a small fortune while i was there, all worth while! We do like to try different places and there are some lovely places to visit, thing is with Blackpool as well, if it rains, theres still plenty to do.
Were going back to Florida again nxt October but I'm still looking forward to my visit to Blackpool in the summer. x

personally...i think its what you make it. Good company = good times x

ps/ Rogernic.....lovely pics x

personally...i think its what you make it. Good company = good times x

ps/ Rogernic.....lovely pics x

I agree you can have fun anywhere with the right people. When we left Funny Girls we went to a club called Heaven and Hell which was odd but lots of fun!

Whenever I have been to Blackpool it's been blowing a gale, even if it's in the middle of summer. It's always very crowded and full of stag and hen parties too. If my friends ever take me there for my hen night..they won't be my friends anymore! :x:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back