• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Wish Idris luck šŸ€ tomorrow

Poor Iris, hope he can get some new meds and knock out that infection x

Idris was admitted into the hospital this afternoon to try to find a fix for his lung infection. Heard later that it's not going so well. Just hoping that he can find it in him pull through. ā¤

Thinking of you - I really hope he can rally round soon. Iā€™ve got a very sick piggy in hospital tonight too (Winnie) and itā€™s so worrying and upsetting isnā€™t it. Thinking of you and Idris.

Healing vibes being sent your way by the truckload, speedy recovery to Idris and Winnie @LucyP
My girls have all loved supreme recovery food, so no issues with getting them to eat it to keep their gut working & energy up.

Can your vet try a different antibiotic to see if Idris improves, the infection might be resistant to the Baytril or it might just be its not strong enough to fight the infection?
If it's fluid on his lungs causing the crackles ask the vet if a diuretic (furosomide is a common one) might be of some use to clear the fluid?
Good luck & fingers crossed.

Love the girls & I xx

Thinking of you - I really hope he can rally round soon. Iā€™ve got a very sick piggy in hospital tonight too (Winnie) and itā€™s so worrying and upsetting isnā€™t it. Thinking of you and Idris.
Good luck šŸ€ to Winnie.

We heard from the vet this afternoon. The lung infection had developed into sepsis so went very fast. Still can't take it all in. We left him unwell at 2.30pm telling him we'd see him tomorrow. 4 hours later we were called to say he'd taken a turn for the worse after treatment and might not survive the night and that we couldn't visit him.

Our brave and handsome little boy passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning. šŸ’”DSC_0025_12.JPG

Oh no, Iā€™m so so sorry to hear this, thatā€™s heartbreaking news and I really hoped he would pull through. You poor thing. And what a gorgeous pig who clearly meant the world to you. Itā€™s shocking and horrible how quickly things can deteriorate in these little guys, despite everyoneā€™s best efforts and all your care. So much to get your head around. Thinking of you - look after yourself and be proud you were such a loving and caring owner.

Back