• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

World Cup

Louise's Zoo

Forum Donator 2017/18
For all the non footie fans out there.... who cares? it's only a game!
Hey, come on, let us enjoy it.

I couldn't care less about wine, don't see the point in wasting money on it... But I understand there are people that love it.

Each to their own :cool:

VickiA

Staff member
I chose to clean out the piggies and do all the syringe feeding and meds. It was way less stressful hearing us lose than watching us lose. Youth and inexperience lost out tonight. But they’ve restored our national pride in our national team and highlighted the home grown talent outside the premier league. And Gareth Southgate has confounded all the naysayers. So all in all it’s been a positive experience.

David Pet Lover

Forum Donator 2017/18
I chose to clean out the piggies and do all the syringe feeding and meds. It was way less stressful hearing us lose than watching us lose. Youth and inexperience lost out tonight. But they’ve restored our national pride in our national team and highlighted the home grown talent outside the premier league. And Gareth Southgate has confounded all the naysayers. So all in all it’s been a positive experience.
:hb::rant:
Croatia pop 4million England pop 55million. Well done David beating Goliath.
Football should never needed to return home.
I'm sulking

Flutterby

PHOTO COMPETITION WINNER
Forum Donator 2017/18
I did the same! I couldn't watch in the second have so I did everyone's nails!

Lady Kelly

Staff member
I know, bad second half..... Midfield went missing, something isn't right there you can't play three in the middle and not create chances from open play like we did tonight. But overall a young side,

Croatia had older more experienced players and found the space well,They forced us back into a five and stretched us. The kept ball well. Tactically Croatia were bang on after break...

Gutted
I don't think it's age or experience that is the issue. It should have been an easy match for us as long as we didn't give in to them and play their way, we needed to continue the push and force them to play how we want. At the end of 60 mins we had one shot on target to their 7, just didn't create enough chances from the opportunities we had. So today I wake up filled with disappointment and anxiety. Had we played better I would have been happy with the result

eileen

Forum Donator 2017/18
i watched a different channel ! I'm proud to be English .the England team has a accomplished alot in this world cup.this is a young team who will learn from there mistakes.there is so much more to look forward to.a humble team. I'm a great believer in its the taking part that matters. .

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's age or experience that is the issue. It should have been an easy match for us as long as we didn't give in to them and play their way, we needed to continue the push and force them to play how we want. At the end of 60 mins we had one shot on target to their 7, just didn't create enough chances from the opportunities we had. So today I wake up filled with disappointment and anxiety. Had we played better I would have been happy with the result
Those stats are telling aren't they.... I know that feeling, been gutted all day. Can't wait for the season to start now, we got you second game Kelly I think :)

i watched a different channel ! I'm proud to be English .the England team has a accomplished alot in this world cup.this is a young team who will learn from there mistakes.there is so much more to look forward to.a humble team. I'm a great believer in its the taking part that matters. .
I am proud I really am and I think they really tried and I feel far more happier seeing they care more so than previous generations. They seem a really close genuine bunch who left everything out on the pitch - I think the kicker is the route was there for us for once in a way it never has been, we missed all the 'superpowers' so to speak. We won't have a better chance and I think it is opportunity not grasped that hurts and the fact I loved every minute and it is over :(

Lady Kelly

Staff member
I am very proud of them as a team, they have achieved something amazing and in the other games we went out and we played well. We didn't always get the results we would like but we gave it all and that's what matters. I would rather have seen them play like they did against Colombia to come out of the tournament

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Those stats are telling aren't they.... I know that feeling, been gutted all day. Can't wait for the season to start now, we got you second game Kelly I think :)

I am proud I really am and I think they really tried and I feel far more happier seeing they care more so than previous generations. They seem a really close genuine bunch who left everything out on the pitch - I think the kicker is the route was there for us for once in a way it never has been, we missed all the 'superpowers' so to speak. We won't have a better chance and I think it is opportunity not grasped that hurts and the fact I loved every minute and it is over :(
I would say prepare to be trounced buy whilst we have Harry "slabhead" Maguire and Jamie Vardy we have of course lost Mahrez now. It will be interesting to see what impact that has on the team as I don't think he's been such a positive force for the past season and half

helloitsbecca

Forum Donator 2017/18
I don’t give a hoot about football whatsoever, but I have Croatia in the world cup sweep at my work (I do like a sweep!) so I’m pretty happy. I am struggling with money this month due to my poor budgeting skills and unexpected expenses so the money I win (you win something for 1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be helpful for pig veggies and hay. Everyone I know who watches football said England did well though :)

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t give a hoot about football whatsoever, but I have Croatia in the world cup sweep at my work (I do like a sweep!) so I’m pretty happy. I am struggling with money this month due to my poor budgeting skills and unexpected expenses so the money I win (you win something for 1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be helpful for pig veggies and hay. Everyone I know who watches football said England did well though :)
Hoping for a croatia win for you :) Plus it's beating France so always good in my book

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
I would say prepare to be trounced buy whilst we have Harry "slabhead" Maguire and Jamie Vardy we have of course lost Mahrez now. It will be interesting to see what impact that has on the team as I don't think he's been such a positive force for the past season and half
Its on TV so we can always start a thread :)) I am hoping for a top half finish this year from Wolves if we can get a few additions accross the line. Love Maguire BTW one of England stand outs.