worried about max

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellemuffin

Reaction score
as you may remember we lost our darling charlie in July well his brother is now showing similar signs to what eventually got charlie, his back leg keep giving way and we are all so worried he may have suffered a stroke like his brother, charlie had about 3 strokes the last making him totally blind, I am watching him like a hawk, he is 14 now but is a major member of our family I could'nt stand not haivng any dogs in my life, losing charlie was bad enough but we had max to concentrate on, we do intend getting 2 more pups but i dont want to lose Max for ages yet, hes my little mummys boy, :'(

C

cavykind

What has your vet said? Mine suggested we try Vivitonin when my old girl really slowed down and we thought we might lose her.
This drug is specially for older dogs and as I remember increases the blood supply to the brain and vital organs. It really helped my Terrier and a friends dogs too.
It's not cheap, but who cares if it improves their quality of life :)

Try a search for Vivitonin and if interested, and Max is not of course already taking it, maybe consider asking your vet about this drug. Hope Max is okay :)

michellemuffin

Reaction score
I already have vivitonin in the cupboard its one of the drugs they tried on charlie, but it made no difference to him as it was a stroke he had, and I know where to buy it online thankgoodness just need a prescription from vets, max seems worse in colder weather so am preying its arthritis but I dont think it is, his back end just collapses every now and then exactly how Charlie started so maybe it means Max only has months to go but then again if he does'nt have any more strokes(if that is what it is) he might be ok, just got to stay hopeful, Charlie was made worse but the hot weather so Max has that in his favour, thanks for your good wishes

bevs

Reaction score
Hang in there little Max :-*

S

snugglypig

Big hugs to you Michellemuffin and an extra big one to max

karen

Status
Not open for further replies.