• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

worried about my fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
the are lots of guinea pig experts but ant fish experts on here? because i already had 3 cold water fish and i brought 4 other ones the other day, the news ones are acting weird and hiding but i think thats because they are in a new place. but one of the new fish in staying at the bottom and it is breathing more than useuall and it looks so unhappy, i dont know what to do my dad said we can get the water tested at P&H. has anyone had this problem or know what to do i feel so sorry for it 8...

Am sorry, I don't know anything about fish. You must be so worried. I hope he's ok.

he is still at the botto, of the cage, i will clean the tank when i get home from school

you can get water tested at p@h but you can also buy a tube of strips that you literally dip into the tank to test it yourself which are always useful to have. I would also consider getting an isolation tank/breeding tank (usually a smallish plastic tub that has suckers to sit at the top of your usual tank. Just thinking if it has a disease then at the moment it could pass it to your other fish, also if he is ill and dies while no ones there then the other fish will start to eat it and pick up whatever was wrong (only a possibility not definitely going to happen).

I'm not a fish expert but if he is staying at the bottom of the tank and breathing more than normal then he is really not well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back