worried - cats go in to be sterilised today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
my two cats Bifi and Stompy (2 girls) go in tonight for their operations...
i only rang the vets 5 mins ago..didnt expect an appointment for a few weeks but she said shes quiet and can fit them in tonight.

so now the panic for my little babes has set in, ive never had an animal be sterilised before..what exactly do they do? remove all their 'bits', or just tie stuff up? how long do i keep them in for afterwards..can they eat today? i forgot to ask all these on the phone(!) i suppose their actual operation will be late tonight or early tomorrow? but now ive turned into a huge worrywort that something will go wrong!

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll both be okay. Obviously its always a worry but vets perform so many of this operations - its very routine work.
They'll obviously be sleepy when they come home so it's best just to leave them and let them sleep it off and when they do come round they may want a little food as they obviously weren't feed before the operation. Id probably leave them in until the drug has completely worn off as they will probably be feeling a bit unbalanced.

Also for spaying the cat has the ovaries and uternus removed and the male has the testicles removed

Last edited:

sqeeker

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i had my cat neutured 3 months ago, i let him out after about a week, also i know for a little boy they just tie the up now.
hope they both ok x

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my two cats Bifi and Stompy (2 girls) go in tonight for their operations...
i only rang the vets 5 mins ago..didnt expect an appointment for a few weeks but she said shes quiet and can fit them in tonight.

so now the panic for my little babes has set in, ive never had an animal be sterilised before..what exactly do they do? remove all their 'bits', or just tie stuff up? how long do i keep them in for afterwards..can they eat today? i forgot to ask all these on the phone(!) i suppose their actual operation will be late tonight or early tomorrow? but now ive turned into a huge worrywort that something will go wrong!

Dont worry hun, its not too bad really although when I went to pick my cat Coco up it broke my heart that she had been all shaven, she is a gorgeous long hair cat too.

They do have a small incision on one side of the body and it will be shaven too.
Coco was only 6 months old when she got done, she was a little sleepy but she was fine.
xxxxx

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Sending Bifi and Stompy loads of wheeeeeeeks, tweeeeeeeeets and woooooooooofs and healing loves from us all xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.