• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Worried sick.

RosieLily

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Perhaps you read my other thread about a young boar with mange and seizures.

He seemed to be doing so well, I’ve had him for 4 days now. Today, out of nowhere, he got extremely lethargic. He also makes this “whistling” sound sometimes. When he is up and about, he walks funny, his steps sound heavy and when standing still, he’s constantly stepping in place, he looks uncomfortable. He had a wash, a stretch, his tummy seems okay. He eats and drinks. But suddenly sleeps a lot. He used to sleep with his little head out the door but now he only sleeps with his body turned away and stretched out, I can only see his belly. It’s not normal.

He is responsive to me but seems a bit confused sometimes. He doesn’t seem to want to come out on his own. He does whenever I go there to add some hay, he has a nibble and goes back to sleep.

I put some extra blankets into his house and I am not bugging him anymore. I called the vets but there is no 24h care available for smaller animals here (I’m from the Baltics). But I am so worried.

What could this be?!

I'm so sorry, I do hope that maybe he is just exhausted from his ordeal and his sleepiness is a sign that he feels more comfortable... but it sounds like he is a very sick piggy, and suffered months of extreme neglect- you and your vet are doing everything you can for him, and that is all you can do, wait and hope for the best. Sending hugs to you, and many healing vibes for your rescue piggy x

Nothing to add but my support. Between you and the vet he is getting the best care possible. Fingers (and paws) crossed that he turns a corner soon.

Back