• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Would you join a dating agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

The other evening a couple of friends, some married/ some single were discussing the merits of dating agencies.
We were commenting, looking around the bar we were in, that you don't see a lot of nice men in our age group, old gits that we are ;D
The best are married or a bit of a waste of space.

Thankfully I am happily married, but I'd hate to have to join in the dating rat race again, though I loved it the first time around ;)
One single friend is actually considering joining a dating agency and has all the info :D
She is a lovely looking woman, great job in the police force, fab personality...just doesn't seem to meet the "right" men :-\

Not sure if i could do it, but it might be fun? What does everyone else think? Could you, would you consider it if you are/were single?

Barbara

I have never joined a dating agency but I have been speed dating which I wouldn't really recommend but I did meet my boyfriend online through a dating website. I met a couple of men off there before meeting Alex and none of them were wierd or anything. If anyone does think about doing it though you need to be very careful and try to find a lot out about the person before agreeing to meet.

I joined some internet dating agencies a while back and I've got to tell you, there are some really wierd,socially inept men out there :o Its so not hard to see why they're still single. Of course, that's only half of them. The other half look pretty good and have the gift of the gab but are only after one thing :(
I know people who have found love over the internet but my experience of those agencies still makes me shudder :)

Yes, I joined an internet one a while ago. I met two nice blokes, who I am in touch with still (have been invited to one of them's wedding).

There are also a lot of nutters.

If i was single i dont think id join one, I'm too bigga chicken! LOL My sister in law has joined one and meet a couple of blokes but no luck in buying that hat yet! :( lol

Yes did join one and met my first husband, BIGGIST MISTAKE of my life and thats another story.

definately some nutter on them even though you are all vetted and screened

thankfully married now to a wonderful guy

karen

what ever happened to the old fashioned way of meeting some one naturally I may be an old girl of 45 and married for over a 1/4 of a centuary but why is it all changed, dont think I would ever date again if I was single just stick with my animals and become an eccentric old girl lol

LOL Michelle :D

Don't think I would have the nerve! I met my hubby in an internet chatroom though :)

I don't think I could do it. I met my hubby at work years ago and will have been married six years on 21st December. He is not very romantic and although we got married on our 10th anniversary, it was because he had ran out of excuses - new house, kids etc. ;D ;D I wouldn't change him for anything though. The thought of being single again and 'going on the pull' as it was in my day, frightens me to death. A girl at work did internet dating and she met some very strange people - all after one thing :o :o Mind you, my Mom met my step dad at a singles club 20 odd years ago and she doesn't regret it one bit. So perhaps its luck.

Seriously I'm getting that desperate I'd join ANY agency right now

where have all the good guys gone :'(

unless its me...

I have never joined one, but I know someone who has and they are now happily married of about 6 years I think...

I met my X over the net (Not dating on line tho) and we had 5 years together until I realised he was a psycho tho! hehe Don't think that was anything to do with where we met - just him!

I think you can find love anywhere these days (As long as you're careful!) and the most important thing is, to be happy!

I always think of men like clothes... sometimes you find the right 'fit' straight away, and other times you have to try on a few first to see which one fits best! lol

I met a few of my X boyfriends via the net, or just by going out - until I realised the one for me, was right under my nose and I had been working with him for years! haha Typical!

Trace x

I did join one. Had some very 'strange' messages containing things I could not put on here. Cancelled it again - I'd rather stay single! ::)

Sars1359 said:

unless its me...

we married them lol

Sars1359 said:
Lol..
i just attract sadly,Ive given up

I thought the same after my first marriage, decided that was that, never again and then I met my husband 8 months after my marriage breakup, I was listening to late night love on the radio and there he was, my soul mate we have now been together 9 years and 5 years married this friday
My advise is don't look, go out enjoy yourself. he is out there somewhere I promise

karen

Sars1359 said:

unless its me...
Whats you criteria Sars - I'll keep a look out for you! or I'll get you into all the festivals next year & you'll have the pick of the bunch! I'll try to find a pic for examples!

hmmmm any guy into rock music,gotta look like the guy from the Evanescence vid kinda( the wolfy guy) ..and hes def not gotta be an ,which is what matters really,oh and hes gotta like going out clubbing/films etc

No, there lot of hornybags around dating sites... They are not after for love, only sex..

I met my boyfriend through a dating website and it was the best £10 I ever spent. Before that, I'd just met guys at parties, who were mostly in relationships and looking for casual sex, or were looking to end their current relationship and have another one lined up to move into. By meeting through a dating site or agency, you can be clear about what you want.

I had some negative experiences first though, and would advise the following:

* Avoid free sites, because they attract time-wasters in relationships who just want to flirt, to boost their egos. They also attract people with limited social skills. A monthly subscription fee weeds a lot of these time-wasters out.

* Don't be ambiguous about whether you want children, as it wastes people's time and builds their hopes up. A man messaged me a few times and we were just about to meet up, when he said he was looking for somebody to have children with, rather than just a soulmate/lover/partner. He hadn't said anything about it up to that point. After having this experience a few times, I put on my profile that I didn't want children. If you aren't sure, just say that.

* If somebody doesn't have a profile photo, it may be because they're embarrassed their friends will see it. Make sure they send a photo with their first message, though. Looks DO matter a bit and there's no point getting into somebody and then finding they repel you because there's something really creepy about them. I had this experience once and it was really embarrassing.

* If somebody seems too keen on you before you've even spoken on the phone, let the warning bells sound. One message a day prior to meeting up is fine, four or five is obsessive! Likewise, anybody who comes out with things like, "We've so much in common, I know we're just going to love each other" when you've only spoken or messaged each other a few times and haven't even met.

* It's best to join a site with a specific focus. I joined a vegetarian one, as I didn't want to meet somebody who is happy eating animals. There are sites for everything from young men wanting older women, to those who like their partner really fat.

* What I did was messaged all the men in my area whose photo I really liked, asking whether they fancied exchanging a few emails and maybe meeting up for a drink. I said I was also looking for new friends, to take the pressure off. This worked, as four of them kept in touch and I ended up meeting one, whom I still live with, six years later.

Met my husband speed dating. At least doing that you get to met them in person (ok only for a few minutes) but a tleast they can't post false pics etc of them selves. The details are then only swapped if both tick the same boxes.

I would do it again if I needed to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back