• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wow didnt think I could feel any worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky1804

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I posted before about the troubles in having with health, job searching etc.
Been unemployed for 10 months, not a sniff of an interview.
Well I started a job 2 weeks ago,just a local chippy but I was so happy to have money of my own.
Anyway last Thursday i slipped at work and broke my thumb in 3 places ow! So cant work for 4 weeks.

Got a call this morning to say they cant manage my shifts between them so they have to get someone else.
So after 2 weeks I'm now out of a job!
I couldnt help getting upset, I feel stupid, crap and worthless!
I'm so sick and tired of this! our move to London on 6th July cant come soon enough
Moneys really tight with only Alex working and paying for two houses.
Although he keeps saying its our money, I absolutly hate HATE! having to rely on him for everything.

Sorry guys just needed to rant, vent etc!

Last edited:
Hi everyone
I posted before about the troubles in having with health, job searching etc.
Been unemployed for 10 months, not a sniff of an interview.
Well I started a job 2 weeks ago,just a local chippy but I was so happy to have money of my own.
Anyway last Thursday i slipped at work and broke my thumb in 3 places ow! So cant work for 4 weeks.

Got a call this morning to say they cant manage my shifts between them so they have to get someone else.
So after 2 weeks I'm now out of a job!
I couldnt help getting upset, I feel stupid, crap and worthless!
I'm so sick and tired of this! our move to London on 6th July cant come soon enough
Moneys really tight with only Alex working and paying for two houses.
Although he keeps saying its our money, I absolutly hate HATE! having to rely on him for everything.

Sorry guys just needed to rant, vent etc!

I would speak to a company who deals with claims for accidents at work. I'm a bit of a health and safety freak and they cant say goodbye because you slipped on there premissis mallethead Go for it !

I am a little tempted id be lying if i said i didnt.
It hadnt crossed my mind when i thought my job would be there.
We didnt mention the move date but only found out bout that 5 days ago, when i text for clarification she said they need someone thats going to stay lorm term

oh no what bad luck but hun go down the citizens advice as they cant do that even if they dont offer you your job back you bet get a bit of compensation from them and if you slipped in work you can sue them

Have you been signed off work because of it? it's just if you have they dont have a leg to stand on getting rid of you I really would go to the cab this sounds wrong on so many diffrent things.

I'm still claiming job seekers as the job was only 9-10 hours a week.
With it being my thumb on my right hand and I'm right handed theres little i can do so signed off job seekers for 4 weeks. I'm not claiming any sickness benifit as it takes them forever and I'm not entitled to anything.

Aww sorry you're having such a bad time, it's horrible being unemployed, I've been trying to find work for 18 months and I've not had an interview either :(.
Nothing anyone says can really cheer you up but I've come to look at it this way...those other jobs weren't for you, obviously you were to good for them (that's my way of coming to terms with no one wanting to employ me :( )
As for your thumb (ouch) I'd see someone from the C.A.B office as It sounds dodgy to me and at least you may get a little something to help you out.

Hoping things improve for you soon, thinking of you. Did you slip on veg oil or something? Just thinking,.

Just wanted to update you all
Iv started a claim through National Accident Helpline
Going to take months and i might not get anything, doesnt hurt to try though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back