• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

GeorgiaHarris

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I really want to make some cage liners for my piggies but I’m finding it difficult to find the U-Haul pads in the uk. I found this Removal Blanket but I’m not sure if they are a suitable alternative or if they’ll even work. Can anybody help?

I am wanting to do the same thing but wasn’t sure what uhaul even was! Just looked on YouTube at someone making fleece liners x

I am wanting to do the same thing but wasn’t sure what uhaul even was! Just looked on YouTube at someone making fleece liners x
I’m not entirely sure myself what uhaul is. I also looked on YouTube and seemed to be the thing everyone was using and it looked like it was the cheapest and easiest option. Trouble is you can’t get it in the uk.

You can use towling (I use old beach/bath towels) or cotton mattress protectors (they sort of feel like felt, and need ot be 100% cotton), or oder 'Zorb' fabric from E-bay (but I think this is the most expensive option).

You can use towling (I use old beach/bath towels) or cotton mattress protectors (they sort of feel like felt, and need ot be 100% cotton), or oder 'Zorb' fabric from E-bay (but I think this is the most expensive option).
I’ll try this, thankyou

Like @Swissgreys Ive seen a lot of people have success with 100% mattress liners. I’ve also seen people use zorb, but it’s pretty expensive but supposedly the best to use.
I like Zorb a lot. It works well and is lightweight, so washes easily and dries quickly.
However it is expensive, and I only use it because a friend brings it back from the USA for me (yes, she is a very good friend!).
I find mattress protectors or old towels are as effective - they just take longer to dry.
But they also make a heavier liner which can be good if you have piggies who might be tempted to burrow, or who run around a lot.

I like Zorb a lot. It works well and is lightweight, so washes easily and dries quickly.
However it is expensive, and I only use it because a friend brings it back from the USA for me (yes, she is a very good friend!).
I find mattress protectors or old towels are as effective - they just take longer to dry.
But they also make a heavier liner which can be good if you have piggies who might be tempted to burrow, or who run around a lot.
You very lucky to have such a good friend. I have found some zorb that is relatively cheap on Etsy but I’m going to try out the towels and mattress protectors first. Thanks for your help

I use mattress protectors, one large one chopped down into several cage sized.

Uhaul is some sort of recycled denim type cotton, general moving blankets over here are not the same and won't work.

Ah thankyou I will try these too :- x

I use mattress protectors, one large one chopped down into several cage sized.

Uhaul is some sort of recycled denim type cotton, general moving blankets over here are not the same and won't work.
Thanks definitely won’t try them then. So do you have just one layer of mattress protectors between your fleece or just the one?

I brought those furniture removal blankets listed in your first post thinking they were the same as u-haul. They are not and are not absorbant at all. I even tried wicking them like fleece but the water just pools on the top.

U-haul blankets are just recycled denim made into a blanket.

personally I use towels and find them very absorbant under my fleece.

I brought those furniture removal blankets listed in your first post thinking they were the same as you-haul. They are not and are not absorbant at all. I even tried wicking them like fleece but the water just pools on the top.

you-haul blankets are just recycled denim made into a blanket.

personally I use towels and find them very absorbant under my fleece.
Okay, thankyou

Back