Your opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
As you will probably know my 2 older pairs of boys each currently live in 2 storey hutches, each level is 5ft long, the top level is approx 22" high, the bottom approx 16" high.
However, my new babies' hutch is all on one level, just over 10ft long. They are like rockets running back and forth and popcorning all over the place-it's lovely to watch.

My question is; should i leave my older boy's hutches as they are or make them into 2 single storey hutches so they too can run around?
Is the bottom level high enough at 16"?
Or is it better for them to have 2 storeys?
They do have a run (see My Boys in their Run thread) and have a mad hour or so in there each day.
I'd appreciate your opinions on this
Thanks, Niki

Reaction score
My opinion totally; If they all have a run each day then maybe there is no need for the two storey hutch. Also depending on the room you have to spare and money. :)

Sounds high enough at 16"

Reaction score
I find that one storey with more room is better as it gives them chance to get a few laps in. The advantage of a double storey is they can get away from each other of they want... but you can still provide this on one storey with hidey houses so I would go with the 2 single storey cages.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
kellyandpiggies said:
My opinion totally; If they all have a run each day then maybe there is no need for the two storey hutch. Also depending on the room you have to spare and money. :)
Sounds high enough at 16"

Barmy4boars said:
I find that one storey with more room is better as it gives them chance to get a few laps in. The advantage of a double storey is they can get away from each other of they want... but you can still provide this on one storey with hidey houses so I would go with the 2 single storey cages.

Thank you!
After watching Angus & Fergus tearing around, i thought that would be the best way to go, but wanted to check first.
The renovations will be taking place tomorrow when i do the grand clean out ;D
My OH will be pleased, NOT :D :D I like to keep him busy ha haaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Status
Not open for further replies.