• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Your Piggies Favourite Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 fussy piggies here, but they'll eat most things if I only give it once, try to get them to eat the same thing more than about once in a week and they turn their noses up at it! Otherwise, lettuce, raddichio, cucumber (no, they're off that at the moment), beetroot leaves and the root, If only I could get them to eat all the stuff I don't like in the veg box.
The absolute favourite, always eaten is grass and dandelions.

I thought beetroot leaves were poisonous for piggies because of the high amount of folic acid! ?/

I googled it the other day because I had a big bunch of beetroot.

Mine love corn on the cob and carrot, and Tommy loves coriander and basil. There is a lot I haven't tried them on yet though as they are quite new! :)

Red Thia Curry and a bottle of red....oh no wait thats me....

My babies love cucumber, I go through 2 every 2 days I'm not kidding, they also love spinach, peppers and cabbage.

I'm going to try them on tomatos tonight and see what they do, never tried them before but I wonder if they ever get bored of the same veg although by the evidence of the bowl, I would say not :))

Corriander and Parsley I think - I've never seen them eat anything quicker and they always seem a lot more vocal when those two come into their treat rotation!

They never really turn their nose up at anything though! Only problem is that now I find myself planning our weekly meals around what the pigs can eat as well!

I'd have to go with fresh herbs too - parsley, coriander and dill being amongst the most favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back