• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anthurium flower

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I'm sorry to come on asking stupid questions.. my boyfriends just bought me a gorgeous Anthurium plant.. I'm freaking out wondering if its safe to be in the house with my girls?! iv just read about it being toxic and I'm really scared, is it only if they eat it? does anyone own one of these plants with no problems?

Attachments

• IMG_7276.jpeg
    IMG_7276.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm sorry to come on asking stupid questions.. my boyfriends just bought me a gorgeous Anthurium plant.. I'm freaking out wondering if its safe to be in the house with my girls?! iv just read about it being toxic and I'm really scared, is it only if they eat it? does anyone own one of these plants with no problems?

Hi

It is toxic to eat so please keep it ideally in a different part of the room well away from their cage.

Hi

It is toxic to eat so please keep it ideally in a different part of the room well away from their cage.
but only if its eaten? it would be going in a different room to them i was just really concerned it maybe let off things they couldn’t breathe in etc?!

but only if its eaten? it would be going in a different room to them i was just really concerned it maybe let off things they couldn’t breathe in etc?!

If you feel anxious, it would be better to move the plant to a different room altogether so you can enjoy and appreciate both the stunning plant and your piggies to the fullest. ;)

The red colour is very eye catching though.☹️

If you feel anxious, it would be better to move the plant to a different room altogether so you can enjoy and appreciate both the stunning plant and your piggies to the fullest. ;)
i was thinking about taking it back! its gorgeous but i was really worried! it would 100% be in a different room!

It is absolutely fine to keep it, it's only poisonous if they eat it. Just put it in another room so there is no chance of them getting to it.
thankyou, ended up taking it back as i read its toxic to people too and the thought of it being the house really triggered my anxiety😢

Keep it high up, on a window ledge or shelf and it will be fine. Watch out for any leaves that drop, another room might be safer

Back