• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

been a while.....I've been busy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy_paradise

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hey! so after not being here for a couple of weeks, i thought it was about time i showed off my reason why
Winona Wendy-Ellen Bissell. born 13.04.2013 2 days early. 9lb 14oz. waters broke at 5am, contractions started at 7am already at 5 min apart. went in at 10.30 and was sent home as i was only 3cm dialated. went back at 1.40pm as the contractions were so painful and i wanted to push whilst on the toilet at home. i was 9cm dialated when i finally made it in and she was coming! wanted a water birth but there was no time to fill it up. Winnie appeared 20 minutes later. she was back to back so the pain was all in my back and it was agony. no time for pain relief at all.
Had her at the local birth centre ( that featured on bbc 3 program a couple of weeks ago) and had to be rushed off to the leicester hospital to have my 3rd degree tear stitched up. had a quick cuddle before having to be rushed off so was seperated from her while my OH bought her to the hospital to me.
she is the most amazing person and i am so so smitten with her. my perfect family is now my world and nothing else matters. she is the spitting image of daddy gavin even down to the grumpy faces she pulls in her sleep! very sweet. it has been really tough so far, she takes ages to settle down at night but once she is down then she sleeps for around 3 hours before wanting her next feed. last night she slept for 5 hours i was worried and had to keep checking on her. it has been such a hard journey to get her so i am really paranoid that something is going to happen, so check her more than i probably should, which is annoying daddy gavin but we will get there.
a few pictures added below to show her off

Wow, he is gorgeous and the spit of his Daddy! I wonder if he would fit in my piggy napping bag.....? :))

Congratulations x

Awwwwww what a sweetie! Congratulations on your gorgeous new arrival, shes beautiful and i love her name too :)

Congratulations to you both! She's beautiful!

I Just want to aplogise for addressing your gorgeous girl as he, him and his. Sorry i am babies on the brain at the moment!

x

aww big congrats to you all! She is beautiful, welcome to the world Winona! Daddy looks ever so proud!x

Congratulations! And what a beautiful big girl she is! You must be so proud. Ouchies on those stitches! haha. Well done to you and Gavin! :) xx

thanks guys! she came out flying across the bed! we are amazed at how perfectly formed she is, and because shes so chunky she doesnt feel too fragile as she would if she was smaller. she lost a bit too much weight (10.8%) so has been monitored by the midwives but she is steadily putting it back on. this was because being such a big baby she wasnt feeding as much as she should have been having lots of fatty reserves already for her to use before me, if that makes sense. she is making up for that and right now i feel like a milking machine! had her in the nursery last night (people may think this is too early but it felt right to us) and she slept the best ever so far! woke up more often but settled down quicker than ever before and didnt scream for 2 hours each feed! means we are not as tired and grumpy and have more time for her instead of being zombie-fied all day! she is a little trouper and i cant believe how much i love her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back