• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Brownish stuff on cage walls?

kinsxo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this could be? I’m not sure if it’s just gunk or something to be concerned about. I’ve looked on their fleece and their pee looks normal cloudy white but they have had some soft poops (I think due to switching their hay and veggies up) if that could be it? Their feet look clean from what I can tell
F2334981-BD94-459D-B55A-6E34BFD6DC0F.jpegAF68D968-367C-44FE-ABFF-7D8BB4E82137.jpeg

To me, that looks like pee that got on the walls. They can be pretty messy 😂 but perhaps just monitor closely and make sure nothing else is going on.

Have got sows or boars? My sow does this.. It's pee they squirt when they are warning the other to back off. It gets on my walls, I have to wipe down weekly

From the looks of the poops, they are sows or either neutered boars lol

Sows have a tendency to spray and you would be very surprised how high they can get. It does look like oxidised urine

Does anyone know what this could be? I’m not sure if it’s just gunk or something to be concerned about. I’ve looked on their fleece and their pee looks normal cloudy white but they have had some soft poops (I think due to switching their hay and veggies up) if that could be it? Their feet look clean from what I can tell
View attachment 134792View attachment 134793

That is just normal oxidised dried pee. Piggies conduct quite a bit of their social life by spray or target peeing; it is a great conveyor of pheromones and also a good weapon for keeping persistent boars at bay when you are a sow. ;)

Back