• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Brrrrr! Who's bringing their piggies in for Winter today?!

tabelmabel

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OMG it is very cold here in Central Scotland!

8° C.

Friday was so cold, we had the central heating on! Things improved yesterday but it is chilly again today.

Going to build up the C&C and bring the pigs in today. They have been fine outside and have plenty bedding and hay but it's too damp for them to be on the grass and i think they will be much happier now indoors.

Anyone else brought theirs in yet?

I’m in aberdeen and it has been very chilly these past couple days.

My boys stay outside all year long, but they are in a garage so they are much more protected from the elements.
Hope your piggies enjoy their new digs!

I’m in Cambridgeshire. Mine live in my shed year round. We are still getting plenty of days on the lawn. Going to be a bit rainy for the next few days but the temperature is still 18 during the day, 15-17 at night.
Looks like a bit of a turn at night towards the end of the week - around 10 degrees- but still no need for extra measures in my shed as yet.

Well, looks like my two won't be coming in today after all - we have no cable ties for the c& c (having a cat and 2 dogs calls for a very secure cage!)

I'm going to change all their hay to make sure they can get warm. They aren't in a shed but they do have a magnificent hutch hand built by Steve from that hutch place whoose name escapes me!

It is a large 2 storey rabbit hutch with fox proof bolts and wooden panels that cover the mesh at night.

Mine were last out on the grass last weds when it was warm and dry. We have had heavy rain since and the grass is soaking.

This is their summer outdoor hutch - by Steve of Garden Woodcraft.

He drove all the way up from England to my garden in Scotland to build this hutch!

It is a couple of years old now and still totally weatherproof.

But it's all closed up again now til next Summer

Mine are in the garage. It's not too cold here down South at the moment. Last night it was around 14 degrees. The piggies have lots of hay and snugglesacks to keep them warm. When it gets under 10 degrees in the garage the Snugglesafes come out.

Same here - going to be 21 degrees tomorrow and then high teens for the rest of the week.
Night time around 13/14 so shed is still high teens at night.
I’m prepped for cooler weather now though - snugglesafes dusted off, additional insulation and blankets ready to go. I love autumn….just waiting for it to arrive now!

I was saying to my other half last night it feels like heating time - I refuse till November lol! Unless it gets too chilly, both my boys and rabbit Luna are inside so I can't be too stingy with the boiler I guess haha 😉

Back